Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: '76 Fiberform

'76 Fiberform 8 years 2 months ago #118729

Hello, all. Here is my latest project and my first dip into the boat arena(excuse the pun!). It is an 18' Fiberform I bought for $800, boat, 280 out drive, and 350ci Volvo-Penta V-8. The plan is to upgrade the (non-existent) interior, and make a fishing/play boat out of her. Started with a rebuild of the short block and heads, engine is now in the assembly phase. Boat itself got the cracked floor and water soaked foam removed, and is slated to get the joists reinforced, the floor re-laid and the foam replaced in the next month. After that the entire boat will get the fiberglass touched up and painted. I will post more as I get further in to the project. Here are a few pics of what I have so far...

Jadon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:'76 Fiberform 8 years 2 months ago #118743

Good project Jadon, like I said in the other post I think you'll be ok with that motor. ;)

Bob

Re:'76 Fiberform 8 years 1 month ago #119381

So, we are to the next step on my little fiberform. Got all the hardware removed, the fiberglass all trimmed up, and she is going to the paint and fiberglass guy today. Wish me luck! This will decide how she looks, so it's a big step!

Also, found a guy in town that has a V-8 geared lower unit in good shape for $500, so the old one is off, watered down oil is drained, and I wrapped the upper and middle unit with industrial Saran Wrap to keep out dust and overspray.

On the down side, I verified that I am going to need a different bell housing. Was hoping I could use the one I have, so that's kind of a bummer. Means the outdrive has to come off of the boat so I can change the bell housing. Oh, well, it will be easier to clean up and inspect that way!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)