Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can anyone tell me what this is ?

Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118168

Greetings and Felicitation's. My name is Mark and my Wife is Sue. This boat recently fell into my lap almost literally and we have decided that we can't let this old beauty die. The hull is solid but the transom is probably shot as there is a 4 inch crack on the right rear section of the motor mount. Most of the interior is on or in it but the wood is all rotten and the upholstery ruined by exposure. The floor is gone and the stringers are done as well. I know it'll be a great project but I have no idea what kind of boat she is. There is no manufacturers plate anywhere on, under, or in the boat. I'm no expert but I think she's early 50's. The`only identifying mark is on the steering wheel but it was a dead end according to the internet. It says " WC Custom " with a stylized sort of looping cursive large W and a small C. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are both new to restoring glass and this boat is our first project together. I have more pictures if that will help but I'm new to the group and haven't figured out how to do most things yet. I'm just anxious to ID this boat so I have a place to start. Since I have no clue your guess is better than mine. :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re: Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118169

we will need pics of the boat....not more than 2080x2080 pixels...the wheel is a Wilcox Crittenden....they made wheels for a lot of boats as did attwood and volrath....welcome aboard...john

Re: Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118171

Thanks John. That's a whole lot more than I knew. lol. I tried to download some pictures but I don't know how to downsize them. Is there an e-mail I could send them to and get them posted from there ?

Re: Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118172

OMG I think I'm in the right place. Look at the boat in Morris's profile. Mine is very similar but with what looks like a different interior. I can't believe I'm getting close to knowing already. LOL.

Re: Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118173

• rayray
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have some rare ones so send me some pics it always fun to try and figure out what you have!This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. this is just one of five I have right now.

Re: Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118174

• rayray
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have some rare ones so send me some pics it always fun to try and figure out what you have!This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. this is just one of five I have right now.

Re: Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118176

On the way Ray. My e-mail is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so you'll know it's me.

Re: Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118180

I'd like to thank Ray for helping. He tells me that I have a hole in the water I'll be pouring money into in the shape of an early 60's Glaspar G-3. If I can't make it original, we're at least going to make it pretty.. LOL. Thanks to all. Now I can start researching.

Re: Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118182

rayray,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118193

Thank you very much. I'm already miles ahead for joining and you folks really seem to know your stuff. Thanks to all and damn the torpedoes ! LOL.

Re: Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118194

After making much use of the amazing library here I have identified my mystery boat. With lots of help from the members of course. The soon to be " Suzie Q " (my Wife hates that name but signed on.lol.) is without a doubt a 1960 Glaspar (one S or two?) G-3 Center Deck Ski Boat. I've already found articles and tips from members that will be the basis for the restoration. I can't afford original but I can afford pretty, watertight, and FAST. Thanks again for the help and the welcome. The OTHER MarkS. LOL.

Re:Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118197

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Markand Sue, glad to have you join us. Here's some help on posting pictures;
www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/support/how-to-post-pictures

Mark

Re:Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118235

Hi Mark & Sue, and another welcome.
There is a section on this site just for Glasspar G3s.
To assist you, another site is www.g3owners.com go to the top right of the home page to the 'Forum' tab. Go to the 'archived forum' and there is a wealth of very good information about doing repairs or restoration the best way for a G3. Of particular use to you are posts on repairing the transom (do not cut it off, it is curved and needs to stay that way). You can search the posts there and you will find much helpful advice. That archived forum used to be hosted here some years ago.

Glasspar spelling is with double 's'. The name happened because the company started making fiberglass spars (as in rigging on a yacht), or "glass spars".

You will love your G3 when you get to use it. There is a very active and enthusiastic G3 community (worldwide).
Ken

Re:Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 4 months ago #118236

OOPS!!!!
I just saw that the archived G3 forums are here!
Look at the top for the drop-down menu under "FORUMS"
Ken

Re:Can anyone tell me what this is ? 8 years 3 months ago #118241

Thanks Ken. I found them as soon as Rayray told me what I had. I used the library to tag the year and model. The single or double "S" was confusing me. It's spelled both ways in different forums. LOL. Come spring the pain begins. I can't wait for the pleasure to kick in. I've been looking and some of these things are like bullets on the water. I like that ! LOL.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6458 guests and no members online