• Page:

TOPIC: Stern Light /Flag Mast

Stern Light /Flag Mast 10 years 5 months ago #87714

• rip fc3
  • rip fc3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I am in search of a stern Light that also has 2 eyelets for a flag also. I have been scouring Ebay and craigslist looking for something that could work for my 1960 Arkansas Traveler. all of the ones I found I have lost in a bidding war or the reserve was set at over $100 bucks. Since this is a budget build I cant fork out to much for this thing. Please look at my other threads and the picture below. If you know anywhere I should be looking or if anyone has a decent stern light for sale I would love to know.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Stern Light /Flag Mast 10 years 5 months ago #87716

If you are looking for period look, you may have a long wait to find 1 under $100.

Most of the one's I see that are inexpensive are in really bad shape w/ bad pitting, are missing the glass globe/lense or both.

I think the pix you posted has the bulb but is missing the lense....

Be patient is about the best advice I can give you. But you can try some of these salvage yards:
sea-way.com
outboard-parts.com
laingsoutboards.com
tcoutboard.com
fairwindsmarina.com
salvagemarine.com
marinepartsoutlet.com
Superior Marine (800-338-9281)
trixieslanding.com Trixie’s Landing, Bayville, NJ 732-269-5838
americanoutboard.com
piratemarinesalvage.com/
Don's marine Salvage, 5601 126th Avenue North Clearwater, FL 33760 - (727) 576-8577
timsoutboard.com
www.shipwreckusedparts.com/aboutus.html
www.mmsalvage.com/

Re: Stern Light /Flag Mast 10 years 5 months ago #87717

Unless you are tied to using a light with eyelets, just pickup some little flag clips from West Marine or lots of other places, clip them on with the flag to the light pole and you're good to go.

That's what I do.
Attachments:

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Re:Stern Light /Flag Mast 10 years 5 months ago #87720

I will scour some of the marina's in my area. I know of one that has 50 plus boats from your era and I am sure that I could find one for you. I also have seen many ways to attach your flags. I have seen Ty Wraps (Wire ties) and even small size radiator hose clamps. My advice would be to try to use an eyelet and fashion it to the mast. On my wood stern poles, I use a brass eyelet that screws into the wood mast. Then I buy brass keyrings to attach the flag to the eyelets. I will keep you apprised as to what I find. I may even have one laying in my stash of old boat goodies! Where are you located?

Re:Stern Light /Flag Mast 10 years 5 months ago #87721

• rip fc3
  • rip fc3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I am in SE Virginia, Yorktown to be exact. We have a place in Chesapeake VA(30-40 min from me) called Budget Boats(salvage yard). He couldnt help me when I stopped in a couple months ago. I also need a tapered keyed steering wheel and my hardware will be done.

Cheers

Re:Stern Light /Flag Mast 10 years 5 months ago #87739

I have an extra of what you are looking for. The staff is in good shape. The base has some pitting, but not too bad and useable. The lens is dirty (couldn't clean it) and should be replaced. Not sure if it works, but would be an easy fix. I can't let it go real cheap, but if you would like to make me an offer, contact me off forum. Would also consider a trade or combination.

BTW, I use the clips on my Custom Craft but I would not recommend them for running at speed.

Attachments:

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Stern Light /Flag Mast 10 years 5 months ago #87759

Hey Todd, that looks exactly like the Attwood on the stern of my Clipper.

Bob

Re:Stern Light /Flag Mast 10 years 5 months ago #87765

Bob,

I have two identical ones. The other, which is on a little better shape, is going on my 59 Glastron,

Todd

Todd (aka thetudor)
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Stern Light /Flag Mast 10 years 5 months ago #87782

Cool i do like that light pole and lens. i have to get mine re-chromed, doesn't like brackish water here. :(

Bob

Re:Stern Light /Flag Mast 10 years 5 months ago #87819

If I still have this when I get to the rechroming for the Glastron, I might have the base re-chromed and swap it with the one I was planning to use. The base on that is very good but not perfect. We shall see.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

test ad
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)