• Page:

TOPIC: End of the Season :-(

End of the Season :-( 11 years 8 months ago #70690

• stashm2
  • stashm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Well Sad to say it but its the end of the season here in Albany.. Pulled the Bayliner tonight.... Apparently all the Hudson Riverfront parks decided the season was over last week as all the docks were out at the launching ramps... Grrr.. Still got it out no problems. Pic here with dad the van and his Bayliner Victoria 27.5 Command Bridge
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: End of the Season :-( 11 years 8 months ago #70697

stashm2,

Ya'll come on down to San Antonio, as it was 87 degrees F & SUNNY today.
(We know that it's "winter" when the BEAUTIES out of Canada put a cover-up over their bikinis!)

fwiw, we go WATERSKIING on New Years here.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:End of the Season :-( 11 years 8 months ago #70698

Well I put the wifes boat up for the winter today. Pulled the tank out and battery. Pulled the wheels and the coupler off also.Just got to finish wrapping her up tomorrow and she should be good for the winter. Also drained the lower and pulled the SS prop off of it.

Re:End of the Season :-( 11 years 8 months ago #70708

Normally I pull my 18-foot Starcraft out the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but I'm afraid I may run out of water before then as they try to keep the ships afloat downriver... letting the water out up my way. I had to move the boat back in the slip four feet this morning as I could make the bow kiss the bottom if I hopped on it. Now I've got about a foot of water under the bow and about 18-inches under the stern.

Re:End of the Season :-( 11 years 8 months ago #70710

well i finally burned up the rest of my 2 yr.old gas last week at the knucklebusters aomci wet meet. motor ran great as usual. still on the original plugs i bought her with in 2004. i keep track on how many gallons i use and now have run 57 gallons thru the 700. i only average about 9 gallons a year due to choppy water in my area. too many damn boats in north jersey. going in the garage this weekend .i leave the battery and gas tank in the boat with the battery tender connected all winter. i fog the motor and check the oil for water. its always looked like new, prob because its not used much. still contemplating a pontoon for the future. ron

Re:End of the Season :-( 11 years 8 months ago #70711

Out here in Wyoming, we have already had snow and temps in the teens at night, but I still like to run until they pull the docks. That usually occurs at the end of this month. The darn high winds have messed up this week. I can't complain, I got onto the water very early this season (Mar 31), due to the warmer than normal weather. That allowed me to make 36 boat trips.

1970 Glastron V-142 SkiFlite
1965 Merc 500
1968 Merc 500

Re:End of the Season :-( 11 years 8 months ago #70713

• stashm2
  • stashm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Weather was beutifull last night River was at high tide with little if any current and no wind and a comfortable temp. Boat ran great.

Re:End of the Season :-( 11 years 8 months ago #70724

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Thanks satx, really needed that.

Put the Sabre to sleep last week, fogged the plugs drained the block, loosened the fan belt, pulled the battery, stuffed it full of life jackets, water skis, pull water toys, lines and assorted summer sundries and tied down the dust cover. She sits inside a heated basement but really makes it hard for me to work around the winter project.
Cal
Attachments:

Re:End of the Season :-( 11 years 8 months ago #70738

Here in VA my primary boat stays in until march when I pull it Paint the bottom and drop in back in a week later.

What do you do for Rockfish Season?>? :p
Then Cobia? Flounder?Drum?

I love the Chesapeke Bay!

Re:End of the Season :-( 11 years 8 months ago #70748

rip_fc3,

UNDERSTOOD. - i used to live in Prince William County.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7052 guests and one member online