Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Flo and Progressive Insurance boat , again

Flo and Progressive Insurance boat , again 12 years 1 month ago #65344

About 2 months ago, there was a discussion of the finned fiberglass boat that Flo of Progressive Insurance was operating in the TV commercial. The boat was identified as a " Baracuda" by one poster.
I can't seem to find a boat named Baracuda ( or Barracuda) that looks like the one in the ad, so I'm not convinced as to the make of the boat. Can anyone provide more evidence on this subject ? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Flo and Progressive Insurance boat , again 12 years 1 month ago #65366

I got a capture of the commercial:, but I dont know the boat:

Attachments:

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Flo and Progressive Insurance boat , again 12 years 1 month ago #65437

Re:Flo and Progressive Insurance boat , again 12 years 1 month ago #65441

Thanks for the tip ! The eBay ad, however, still leaves exact identification in question. We don't have much information about "Holiday" brand boats on the forum, but what we do have doesn't look like the Flo boat. However, it may indeed be a " Holiday" brand . We have a lot of information about " Red Fish" boats, but the boat Flo is operating doesn't look exactly like any of the period Redfish ads we have. Close, but no cigar. So, I'm still not sure. It might be one of the Red Fish/Glastron/Iola modifications that Lee Wangstad describes in his article about Red Fish boats, but that's only a guess.

Re:Flo and Progressive Insurance boat , again 12 years 1 month ago #65779

I would have bet that it wasn't a Holiday brand boat, since it looks very different from my 1959 Holiday, but after seeing this boat in a Craigslist ad, which lists it as a Holiday, I'm not so sure. They could be the same boat... [img] [img]http://www.fiberglassics.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/XYZ.jpg
Attachments:

Re:Flo and Progressive Insurance boat , again 12 years 1 month ago #65806

BadgerBoater- That certainly does look like the boat Flo is driving. Assuming that both sources who say it's a Holiday had an ID tag on their boats confirming the brand, I'm convinced it's a Holiday. Thanks !

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6007 guests and no members online