• Page:

TOPIC: small boat for vintage outboards

small boat for vintage outboards 12 years 7 months ago #54127

• Hugh Long
  • Hugh Long's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
For the last year I have gone in circles trying to come up with a small boat to run small vintage outboards. Build one? Use a tin boat??? So and So on.Today I brought home a one owner, stored inside near new 1969 Hi Laker 10' 6" Fiberglass, lapstrake and lines like a Boston Whaler. Has anyone seen one of these ? They were built in Washington state. i haad just rferbished a small trailer last week that it fits on and leaves room on the tounge to carry a couple of small outboards. I just could not get over the condition and the lines. The photo has my unrestored '47 Seebee on it. :laugh: :side:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:small boat for vintage outboards 12 years 7 months ago #54131

Neat little boat that seems like it fits the bill. Could be a fun little fish boat too.

Re:small boat for vintage outboards 12 years 7 months ago #54132

Looks like you scored a nice little boat there. I have never seen one like it before. I am sure someone on the site will jump in here soon to help you out with info on it. Looks like it is just the right size to run the small outboards on.

Re:small boat for vintage outboards 12 years 7 months ago #54457

• Hugh Long
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Yes I am REALY pleased with this little boat. Had a little extra tounge to play with and set it up to carry 3 small outboards up front. Now where can I put the fuel tank??? Nice sunny weather " 60" here in Northern Nevada and was planing on taking it out tomorrow but weatherman said 32 degrees for a high, Ouch! Think I'll wait a day or two. We can tow doubles here also, so I will tow the Zook behind the Motorhome and the boat behind the Zook. It makes a good launch tool. :)

Re:small boat for vintage outboards 12 years 7 months ago #54464

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
cool little boat for sure. I got my 14 foot Arkansas Traveler basically for the same reason. AOMCI meets or just getting on the water with 30 and under.
Attachments:

Re:small boat for vintage outboards 12 years 7 months ago #54465

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Thats why I got my 14 food 1962 Sea maid so we could use my dads old low horse power short shaft johnsons, all my boats were tall transom's.
Attachments:

Re:small boat for vintage outboards 12 years 7 months ago #54987

• Hugh Long
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Another couple of nice looking boats. It's nice to have a small simple rig to use. We had a 12' SmokerCraft last year I should have kept. We have a couple of bigger boats for the heavy work. I belong to AOMCI also ( 2 years). I am always looking at their meets and wishing I could go to some. I keep coming up with more old outboards all the time. Make a little cash on fishing motors & boats to pay for my fun ones. I will have about 7 or 8 restored ones to run on the boat this summer all the way from 1.7 hp Neptune to 9.7 light four ( 1945 Evinrude/Elto). I realy want to get the light four freshened up and see how it sounds in the water
Untill two years ago I had only owned one boat in my 67 years. ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Seller
( / Boats)

noimage
09-04-2024

1959 Maurader
( / Boats)

noimage