• Page:

TOPIC: Chrysler Carb kits

Chrysler Carb kits 14 years 1 month ago #3587

• JerrfyLube
  • JerrfyLube's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I posted this over on iboats and havent gotten any response to it yet...hopefully, someone here is a Chrysler guru...

I have a 75HP Chrysler that i need to replace a gasket in one of the carbs(will probably just do all three since ill be in there anyway). Did alot of troubleshooting for my problem and im 99.9% sure the float needle gasket is the culprit to my problems. Im not sure of the year or the exact model but i did find this on the tag....

Model: 7571

Serial: 2098

Can anyone give me any insight to the year?? I cant find anything, anywhere to reference my particular model number.

Sierra makes two carb kits for the 75HP family of motors depending on model numbers and vintage...part numbers 18-7033 and 18-7037. Any idea which one is the correct one??

Honestly, the only part i really need is the float needle gasket...the rest of the gaskets look nearly new but that tiny little rubber piece is torn to shreds. The motor does not use the rubber tipped float needles...it uses the solid needles that seat into a small, rubber o-ring like gasket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Chrysler Carb kits 14 years 1 month ago #3597

• spanboatsguy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sounds like you need to talk to my Buddy Franz. Tell him Cowboy from Minnesota sent ya.
www.franzmarine.com/

Re:Chrysler Carb kits 14 years 1 month ago #3598

• Erik
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
I'm getting all my chrysler parts from NAPA. See if they will order both kits for you and bring your old stuff to match. Buy that one.

Re:Chrysler Carb kits 14 years 1 month ago #3607

I think your 75hp chrysler is an early one. I have one Model #7561 serial # 1088. None of the sites list these model numbers on their year guides. On the tag what cities are listed? Hartford only indicates 1966 0r 67, before they opened the plant in Canada. I had a heck of a time figuring out what year Mine was made till I started looking at the Feb or March Issues of Popular Science on Google. That was the mons they put out the New outboards article every year. There I found mine in the 1966 issue with same hood, colors and lettering style. I hope this helps. Wheels

Re:Chrysler Carb kits 14 years 1 month ago #3645

• JerrfyLube
  • JerrfyLube's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
spanboatsguy wrote:

Sounds like you need to talk to my Buddy Franz. Tell him Cowboy from Minnesota sent ya.
www.franzmarine.com/

Got a response from Franz...

The motor is apparently a 68 and he has the parts i need...will get them ordered up! Much appreciated!! :laugh:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)