• Page:

TOPIC: Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation

Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34375

• jon_a
  • jon_a's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am very pleased to have gotten this boat. I love the looks from the chine to the super cool bow handle with star to the molded interior. This was from the three(?) year run of first generation Lone Star boats- a super expensive manufacturing process from what I have gathered- and I think that this type of manufacturing withstood a 10 story drop on live TV way back when and emerged un-scathed but for scratches. I can't wait for this boat to be re-done. I just love the look of it, even though there's no fins or tail lights.

Jon CONSOLE SHIFTING!! :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34376

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Nice find Jon, I like it!

Mark

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34377

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Now that is cool Jon.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34379

Very cool. Love the console.

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34381

I agree, very cool boat. I notice that the front navigation light is red and blue...same as mine. Was that the standard in the classic days?

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34383

Milwaukie:

I think the blue was once green. The pigment or dye has just faded to blue over time.

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34387

• jon_a
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Milwaukie Vice wrote:

I agree, very cool boat. I notice that the front navigation light is red and blue...same as mine. Was that the standard in the classic days?

i think the "blue" really looked a lot more green when lit up. i think it's no more complicated than different light makers had green lenses that looked more blue than they really were.

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34388

• jon_a
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
yeah! not a lot of console boats out there. that one glastron, the scott mculloch boats, and this constellation that i can think of off hand. i will say this- gird your loins if you slip when stepping into the front of this boat!

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34389

• jon_a
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
also forgot to mention that this is a FOAM PACK HULL, meaning I do not think there is any wood structure in there, so that simplifies the restoration a bit, hopefully, maybe.

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34390

wow...great find. molded in console for the remote.
Attachments:

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34396

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
cawrsfm wrote:
True, one of my boats a 67 has the same issue.I read where you can lightly spray over the blue with yellow paint and that will turn it green,I have not tried that ,yet.

Milwaukie:

I think the blue was once green. The pigment or dye has just faded to blue over time.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34407

Jon,
Great find and I love the console. Can't wait to see than one done.

Bob

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34413

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
..J.: CONGRATS,, Good catch. Yes the console is the eye catcher.
Got any vintage motors left in the garage.?

Mr Wizard posted here before a Yellow film behind the UV faded
Blue will shine Green at night for the coast guard. Guess I was absent from High School that day, but I always went to Math class.

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34423

I like the console. No fins but she has some curves nice boat!

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34429

We had one back in the early fifties and traded it in on a 15' Whitehouse which we used for years. Traded a Sears stainless steel utility on the Lone Star.

Blest boater

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34499

• jon_a
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Split wrote:

..J.: CONGRATS,, Good catch. Yes the console is the eye catcher.
Got any vintage motors left in the garage.?

Mr Wizard posted here before a Yellow film behind the UV faded
Blue will shine Green at night for the coast guard. Guess I was absent from High School that day, but I always went to Math class.

been holding at just over 100 motors to 130 at any given time for a while now. there will be a lot of coming and going in july and then november. not sure yet about in between times

Re:Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 12 years 10 months ago #34500

• jon_a
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
mtdoragary wrote:

We had one back in the early fifties and traded it in on a 15' Whitehouse which we used for years. Traded a Sears stainless steel utility on the Lone Star.

hi gary, i bought that alumacraft tangier from you a while back. might come see you no your fabuglass

Just in: (suspected) 1956 Lone Star Constellation 3 years 6 months ago #143362

Hi do you still have this boat? There is a possibility that this boat belonged to our family. We painted it blue with epoxy paint. Had it for years. sold it about 1965. This was exactly the same. We bught it at Goldfines in Duluth Mn (Lonestar dealer) 651-303-5599

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)