Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Nicest Skagit In The World ! ! !

The Nicest Skagit In The World ! ! ! 14 years 2 months ago #1384

• Beachboy
  • Beachboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
That's a pretty bold statement I know, but see for yourself. This is not my boat, it's my freind Jim Knowles of Australia. I don't know if you all have already seen this boat, so forgive me if this is old news, but I thought I would share some pictures of the restoration.

This boat began it's life as a 20 foot 1959 Skagit Offshore cruiser with an orginal 1959 4 cylinder Volvo & first of it's kind outdrive. With as much customization as has been done to this boat I think it will have to now be classified as a 2010 Knowles Offshore Cruiser (now outboard).

Take a look.

Beachboy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:The Nicest Skagit In The World ! ! ! 14 years 2 months ago #1395

Nice!!! More pic's please!

Re:The Nicest Skagit In The World ! ! ! 14 years 2 months ago #1437

Thanks Doug,

Thats quite a compliment, for those who may be interested I will try to attach some more photos

Aussie Jim
Attachments:

Re:The Nicest Skagit In The World ! ! ! 14 years 2 months ago #1438

The fisrt picture is of the new transom and splashwell, the next picture is of the side seats the shipwright has fitted on the side of the transom
Attachments:

Re:The Nicest Skagit In The World ! ! ! 14 years 2 months ago #1440

This is a picture of the new teak decking fitted to the boat, it looks fantastic
Attachments:

Re:The Nicest Skagit In The World ! ! ! 14 years 2 months ago #1441

This one gives you an idea of the seat configuration, you will see that they are forward and rear facing seat with lots of lock up space underneath
Attachments:

Re:The Nicest Skagit In The World ! ! ! 14 years 2 months ago #1668

Hi All,

I would like to mention the name of my shipwright and boat builder that has spent the last 12 months kindly restoring my Skagit 20ft offshore express.

His name is Graham Beagley and he is an absolute perfectionist, his attention to detail and finish is incredible. Over the past year we have become close friends and confidants. Graham is an expert seaman having spent most of his life on the water and in the Australian Navy.

I hope that he will not only restore my boat but will also pass on some of his incredible experiences in boating.

Graham has a very nice 25ft Searay that he cruises Lake MacQuarie. He and his wife Vicky are great people and both know how to use the lake and the east coast of Australia.

I think that I have mentioned that there is an open invitation to anyone from the Fiberglassics club to visit us in Australia

I hope that some day some one will take up the offer

Aussie Jim

Re:The Nicest Skagit In The World ! ! ! 14 years 2 months ago #1922

How did you manage to find a Skagit down there?? I thought mine was rare being on the US east coast!! Nice boat!!!
Attachments:

Re:The Nicest Skagit In The World ! ! ! 14 years 2 months ago #1923

Jim is our Australlian Skagit lover. He has a 14ft Skagit and loves it. He smuggled this 20ft Skagit out of Washington state in an enclosed container with the help of Doug and friends. It is one of the most highly optioned Skagits that we know of. Jim came to the home of Skagit boats for the 50th reunion, and I believe he will visit this summer and cruise the San Juans with us. Jim is really a fun guy and hopefully we will have lots of boats and people to make him feel welcome. Clint

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)