Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sherry Boats

Sherry Boats 1 year 3 weeks ago #147814

I'm looking for information about Sherry Boats. Or maybe even a real, live boat? These were fiberglass outboard fishing boats built by the father-son team of William and Bob Sherry (mostly William) at their home on Black Lake in St. Lawrence County in Northern New York in the late 1950s and early 1960s . They were around 15'long and a 10 hp motor was recommended. Bill Sherry was the proprietor of a group of housekeeping cottages, one of many on the lake, that catered to families who liked to fish. According to a newspaper article, "scores" of boats had been built by 1960, in several different models. I attach a newspaper photo from 1960 showing the only model I'm aware of.
I am the former curator of boats at the Adirondack Museum and now a free-lancer working on an exhibit on Black Lake for the Morristown Gateway Museum. Thank you for any help, tips, photographs or memories!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sherry Boats 1 year 3 weeks ago #147815

That is a nice looking boat. If you look in the glassic library,and look at the Fleetform or Sea Fury ? Sherry is listed in the library also
the bow section looks like both of those boats
I wonder if Sherry bought bare hulls and finished them the way they liked them ?

Sherry Boats 1 year 2 weeks ago #147846

Newspaper ad 19 October 1958 in "Binghampton Press" (Binghampton, NY)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylvan Clio

Sherry Boats 1 year 2 weeks ago #147857

Thanks so much! I'd been looking in Northern New York newspapers.
As to the other post about buying the hulls: I have heard that one of the molds is still on Black Lake. I'll see if I can visit.

Sherry Boats 1 year 1 week ago #147859

here is a link to a Sherry boat that sold on Antique Boats America if you need picture references ?
www.antiqueboatamerica.com/Boat/30393
Attachments:

Sherry Boats 1 year 1 week ago #147860

Thank you so much!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6954 guests and 2 members online