Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vintage Glaspar runabout

Vintage Glaspar runabout 1 year 2 weeks ago #147727

Hi all, would like to see pictures of early Glaspar boats. Have acquired a '64 Glaspar with what seems to be rare 260v8/Eaton Aquanaut drive. May do a restoration. What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vintage Glaspar runabout 1 year 2 weeks ago #147728

Vintage Glaspar runabout 1 year 2 weeks ago #147729

Thank you, I will visit the library. Just wondering if there are any survivors with that engine/drive system. Pete

Vintage Glaspar runabout 1 year 2 weeks ago #147739

There are many Glasspars from the 50s and 60s that have turned up here over the years. Seafairs and G3s seem to be the most popular. Additionally, outboards are by far the most common. If you can figure out how to use the search function there's a decade worth of posts. The I/O was a premium option and guess the 260 is a Ford which I find cool. (A change from the common Chevy) Would love to see pictures if you have some. As most will convey, a boat is a labor of love and few ever get a return on their 'investment'.

Vintage Glaspar runabout 1 year 2 weeks ago #147742

This was a free boat and as such, needs many things. The previous owner was not a boater and after removing the carb and exhaust manifolds, left it out for a season or two. The engine is currently stuck but I've soaked the cylinders and it is stored for the winter. Years ago, I owned an old Silverling with this engine/drive combo and just thought it would be fun to see if I can save it. Would like to post pictures, but not familiar with the process. The deck color is Avocado Green and it will need a complete redo of the interior. Hull seems sound though. Will get back to it this summer.

Vintage Glaspar runabout 1 year 2 weeks ago #147751

Is your drive perhaps called a Eaton Powernaut?? If so, other members on this site have (have had) this outdrive on their boats.

Vintage Glaspar runabout 1 year 2 weeks ago #147755

Quite possible, haven't looked at it in awhile. Under cover for the winter. Will know more in April.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)