Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 Herters St. Lawrence

1959 Herters St. Lawrence 1 year 3 months ago #147508

Hey everyone, first time posting, I have been lurking since I picking up this boat. Single owner, last on the water in roughly 1993. Seems to be in great shape, minimal mods considering the age. This will be a father/son project..he's 13....I'm....older. hoping to be ready for spring. The plan is to make into a fishing rig, we shall see how that evolves, I'm pretty good at one the fly changes, as cheap as possible, but functional. Does anyone have any idea about this trailer? the double tongue looks like some sort of damping mechanism, and I will get more pics, but it has me confused as can be!

now for pics, because nobody wants a post without pics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1959 Herters St. Lawrence 1 year 3 months ago #147509

• davidk
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Cool boat. Great father/son project.

I think the double tongue is an overcomplicated strategy for tilting the trailer to launch the boat at a shallow landing. We have better boat landings now. I removed the lower tongue on my trailer.

Good luck with your project!

1959 Herters St. Lawrence 1 year 3 months ago #147510

I think Davidk is right ?
took a screen shot of something similar
Attachments:

1959 Herters St. Lawrence 1 year 3 months ago #147511

Perfect, thanks guys,that is exactly what it looks like with the trailer. I'll be refurbing that as well, and I don't see any need to keep all those parts in place, nostalgia is going to have to take a second seat to simplicity at this point.

1959 Herters St. Lawrence 1 year 3 months ago #147512

Just so you know ? I also have a herters boat. It's a Hudson Bay 14 ft with no paint, so it is translucent in the sunlight, and it has the optional aluminum fore deck on it. It's a neat little boat.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8148 guests and no members online