Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1975 Johnson 75 stinger

1975 Johnson 75 stinger 1 year 4 months ago #147481

I have and engine that li really would like to sell but I have no idea of its worth. I was hoping that someone here with more knowledge
of such things could give me some advice on the matter. It is a 1975 orange 75 stinger still in the crate along with controls and fuel tank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1975 Johnson 75 stinger 1 year 4 months ago #147482

Still in the crate new is desirable but hopefully who ever buys it puts it on a nice vintage boat & not some beat up jalopy.

After nearly 50 years it will need a water pump, probable fuel system work & the wires may be brittle. Also, the CDI box may be faulty, especially if it has been exposed to sub zero Temps. For some reason the OMC CDI boxes usually failed upon engine start in spring & not mid season.

Price wise, to the right buyer for a vintage boat is where you need to market it, he will be willing to pay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: igpig

1975 Johnson 75 stinger 1 year 3 months ago #147503

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Sounds like a nice motor for something like a vintage 13 foot Allison or other go fast of its day. That web site screamandfly"dot"com has a classified and the go fast crowd should like a motor like that. good luck whatever you do.

Dr.Go!

1975 Johnson 75 stinger 1 year 3 months ago #147507

Have had a friend of mine trying to get a hold of this guy about the engine in the AOMCI forum with no luck so far.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6240 guests and one member online