Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1962 NEWMAN BOLERO 50 RESTORATION

1962 NEWMAN BOLERO 50 RESTORATION 1 year 9 months ago #146827

HELLO ALL!
My first post here, although I read the forums often. I am beginning the restoration of a boat I picked up about 6 years ago. It is definitely a 1962 or 1963 NEWMAN 14' power boat. That is about all I know so far. the outboard is a 1962 MERCURY 500, that is for sure, due to the serial numbers.

There seems to be very little about this manufacturer from Miami, OK. Called ESQURE BOATS and NEWMAN INDUSTRIES at different times. I would love to hear any information anyone may have on this boat or manufacturer.
A close friend of mine who is very good with old outboards is working on getting the MERC 500 to even start. Last tag on this boat was 1994. I found it on it's LIL' DUDE trailer with a small tree growing in the middle of it. Gave $400 for the boat, trailer, and motor. No more putting it off, I want to launch next summer.

I was smart enough to strip EVERYTHING off the boat when I got it 6-7 years ago and store it all in my shop. The interior was already trashed and rotted, so that was thrown out, keeping some vinyl samples to replicate the interior possibly. I have also spent the last few years searching for chrome parts that were missing. I think I have everything now.

Except a windshield. I will have to make that.

So, I am looking for ideas of what colors to go back with. I have never seen a picture of this boat when new, so I can't likely restore it to original. Any ideas? Looks originally to be red and white or orange.

If anybody has a vintage photo showing the windshield, or know what the windshield was like, that would help me along in a big way!
I'll attach a couple photos.

So, now I need to get started....

Cheers,

PG
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1962 NEWMAN BOLERO 50 RESTORATION 1 year 9 months ago #146831

There is a section on Esquire Boats in Commerce, Ok in the Glassic Library here on this site. No pictures, but it does have some specs on the boats.

1962 NEWMAN BOLERO 50 RESTORATION 1 year 9 months ago #146840

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)