Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fiberglassics is Back!

Fiberglassics is Back! 1 year 9 months ago #146766

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
Whew, that was scary! What happened, anyway??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fiberglassics is Back! 1 year 9 months ago #146769

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I just figured it was cancelled due to lack of interest. This is the most underused site I know of. At some point, Ken will probably just say to hell with it. It wouldn't surprise me.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Fiberglassics is Back! 1 year 9 months ago #146772

Not sure. I sent an email to Ken letting him know it was down.

Bob

Fiberglassics is Back! 1 year 9 months ago #146778

I didn't know the site had a glitch in it for over 7 days. Thanks for letting me know. I was just pre-occupied with other business and normally I check ever day or two to authorize new users manually (to keep spammers out). I have auto backups for 7 days but they didn't work since the same glitch was in them (not sure what the cause was). But I had another manual backup from June 9th that I had saved that worked. So, there was some lost data (sorry). But overall, I'm going to do manual backups more often. If something happens, don't hesitate to email me, call me or post on the Facebook site so I'll know. I'll send that info to Waterwings and a few others. I rely on the FG community at times to help keep the site running. I don't plan to let the site "die" at any time but there's generally always something that could be improved or fixed. Thanks for sticking in there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terrydi, Larsspar

Hello, World!!

Fiberglassics is Back! 1 year 9 months ago #146780

Thans for all the help Ken, appreciate it!

Bob

Fiberglassics is Back! 1 year 9 months ago #146781

Oh thank goodness! I about had a heart attack when the site just vanished for a week. I cannot express to you all how truly important this site is to me. As a neophyte 'glassic boat owner the basic FORUM is quite possibly the best way to disseminate information while cataloging this info for future use. Most of my forum experience has been around vintage Volkswagens and those sites are all dying off in favor of facebook. But Facebook SUCKS. It's no way to gather a group of individuals and have meaningful threads.
As a 44 year old I imagine I'm on the younger side for this site, and the wealth of knowledge collected here, along with the great helpful people I've met like Ed-MC, Terry Di, Pappy, Stripgear, and others has been a boon to my restoration plans. I'm not a techie guy, but if there is anything I can do to help out to maintain this site, even if through a financial donation, please let me know. I'd literally be lost without it.
Thanks, Ken!

Fiberglassics is Back! 1 year 9 months ago #146787

Thank you Ken.

Fiberglassics is Back! 1 year 9 months ago #146790

Phew!! I was afraid it was gone too. I don’t post too often but check in at least every day or two, just to see what’s going on. Lots of good info here and others are quick to offer help.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6687 guests and 2 members online