Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: trim out questions for '59 Seafair Sedan

trim out questions for '59 Seafair Sedan 1 year 10 months ago #146713

So, I am almost finished with my "re-restore". Putting everything together, and I have a few questions.

-What do folks do to finish out the inside side panels in the main cabin? This is the most unfinished looking piece of the whole boat to me, and I don't know what to do within reason to adjust this

-inside trim on cuddy cabin? I have some leftover Wefco hatch gasket that looks pretty good. It sticks out a bit. I don't mind the black in the cabin along the side. Any other ideas?

-Where do you get those small rubber stoppers for the window?

Trying to get these all tidied up and get the boat on the water!!

Thanks!

Ian
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

trim out questions for '59 Seafair Sedan 1 year 10 months ago #146714

trim out questions for '59 Seafair Sedan 1 year 10 months ago #146715

Hello Texan,

Looks like you have spotted light at the end of the tunnel.

I stuck to original, and it looks as it should for a 1959 level of finish. The Zolatone coating smoothed things out and covered lots of sins back in the day.

That is Wefco #7CH and is the same profile Glasspar originally used on the hatch cover and is glued on using contact cement.

Also used to trim out bottom of helm panels.

Cut a .25” piece of the Wefco EDPM and glue in at the end of the cabin window channel.

Thanks,
Terry

trim out questions for '59 Seafair Sedan 1 year 10 months ago #146733

@terrydi I continue to marvel at your boat. Its pretty much the gold standard for a '59 restore. Real inspiration!

I had that hatch gasket up in the cuddy. Used contact cement. Made a big mess, and never could get it to stick well. I'm gonna try something with a thinner channel. I do like your idea for trimming the bottom of the helm panels. That is great!

I've got a couple of gelcoat repairs from taking the boat off the blocks. Other than that just small bits and bobs. Hoping to get out this weekend!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8196 guests and 2 members online