Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What do you think of my new 62 Marathon?

What do you think of my new 62 Marathon? 3 months 1 week ago #146549

Picked up this 1962 Glasspar Marathon a couple weeks ago. Has a 1968 55hp Johnson TR-10R.
According to the seller it has been in a barn since about 1989 and was used at Lake of the Ozarks. Has the typical cracking for old fiberglass but seems to be pretty solid. There's a bad spot on the floor in front of the tub but looks like an easy enough repair. So far I have fogged the cylinders with deep creep and got the engine to turn over by hand. Seems to have good compression but haven't put the gauge to it yet. I've already purchased all of the maintenance parts and service manual for the engine, hopefully I'll get it fired up in the next month. Plan is to get it running, polish it up a little bit, and enjoy on Stockton Lake. I'll start a thread in the projects section as I get to working on it more.

I'm in need of the stern light lens is anyone knows where to find one let me know!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What do you think of my new 62 Marathon? 3 months 1 week ago #146553

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 68
Nice old white and blue Glasspar!

Brings back fond memories of my Dad's '64 white & blue Avalon, with a 60hp V4 Evinrude. Did a lot of fishing with that boat. One fine day of fishing, the Fwd gear went out, and we had to go in Reverse all the way to the boat ramp!

I remember sitting on the bow with my Uncle, in an attempt to keep the wash from spilling over the transom.

Those were the days! And IIRC I was the only one that caught a fish that day!

Have Fun with your project, it'll drink a lot less fuel (and likely be much faster) than my Dad's ol' V4 did!

What do you think of my new 62 Marathon? 3 months 1 week ago #146564

Beautiful potential, there!

For your stern light, not sure what diameter your lens needs to be just by the pic but start here: Kopp Glass Stern Light Lens

Best of luck with the restoration!

What do you think of my new 62 Marathon? 3 months 1 week ago #146569

Thanks for the link! That looks like it could work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 603photog

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

1958 Dorsett El Dorado
( / Boats)

1958 Dorsett El Dorado
07-19-2022

FiberGoogle

Who's Online