• Page:

TOPIC: Restoration Business For Sale

Restoration Business For Sale 2 years 4 months ago #145725

• Nautilus
  • Nautilus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
At 73, I'm about out of energy and I'm turning down work every week because I just can't keep up with the demand. There must be someone out there looking for a career change. At $80/hr, it provides a nice living. I have at least 18 months work deposited and scheduled. Earn from day one. I'm selling the business complete: boats, engines, parts inventory, manuals, gantry, lifts, dollies, every conceivable tool needed, website, client files, photos and a spotless reputation. My website: NautilusRestorations.com.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Restoration Business For Sale 2 years 4 months ago #145729

Who is going to work on those OMC boats & Fossil Drives?

Restoration Business For Sale 2 years 4 months ago #145731

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Wishing you the best success on this. You have given so much to your clients and to us here and I thank you for sharing your knowledge. I hope you find someone with the passion to continue what you have built. An educated buyer will surely see all of the value. No matter what transpires, please keep posting as I can always learn something new!

Dr.Go!

Restoration Business For Sale 2 years 4 months ago #145737

• Nautilus
  • Nautilus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
It's unfortunate that more people don't see the value/future in restoring old boats. When compared to the ridiculous cost of runabouts these days, the boats that leave my shop are a bargain and they certainly don't depreciate like the new ones. Classic fiberglass boat restoration is so scarce that it's almost a monopoly, at least within a several hundred mile circle from here. The sad truth is that finding a buyer may well be a longshot. So, for now, I'll still be around and I guess I'll just keep plugging along until I just can't do it at all anymore. I may well wind up calling an auctioneer and that would be a damned shame.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Restoration Business For Sale 2 years 4 months ago #145738

Holy $hit, say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well Jan I knew this day was coming, I just didn't expect now. You are a true artist and what comes out of your shop is nothing less than perfection! I always look forward to your twisted wit and hope you will still stick around here no matter what happens my friend.

Work here has been stupid busy and I'll give you a shout.

Bob

Restoration Business For Sale 2 years 4 months ago #145751

Have you thought to reach out to some of the boat building and restoration schools up in New England and Washington State? There might be some interested parties there looking for a turn key operation...

Your work is really impeccable. It will be sad to see you go but I do hope you'll stick around the site for your knowledge.
Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nautilus

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6636 guests and one member online