Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Delmar Hull ID

Delmar Hull ID 2 years 8 months ago #145225

• davidk
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I cleaned up this fitting and discovered the original hull ID number. Too bad I didn't find it earlier. I had to apply to the state for a new number and have plates made to affix to the hull in two places. Is there a Glasspar production list available that would tell me anything about this boat?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Delmar Hull ID 2 years 8 months ago #145230

you sure that is a hull number ? That looks like a fitting number to me. That seems like putting a car ID number on a hub cap that is about to fall off ? I'm not denying your claim, but putting hull numbers on fittings is not the norm ?

Delmar Hull ID 2 years 8 months ago #145233

• davidk
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I've seen HINs stamped into fittings before. The other fittings on this boat are not stamped. The last 3 digits are stamped differently than the first three. Let's get more input.

Delmar Hull ID 2 years 8 months ago #145234

I will not dispute your claim. BUT because I'm in the design detailing profession and most part numbers are on the backside of parts as not to look tacky. BUT something as (4) small screws to remove a hull number on a bracket ? doesn't seem right ? especially if a repaint or restore ? just my opinion ?
I know this because the Ford Econoline used to put the truck/van vehicle ID number on a plate on the inside of drivers side door. (And I figure a lot of vehicles of the day were done the same way ?) Which meant if the truck got hit on drivers side door ? and you replaced the door ? you had a new vehicle ID number from a junk truck that got wrecked on the passenger hit ? Does this make sense ? I think that is why the the VIN Number was moved just under the windshield on the drivers side ?

Delmar Hull ID 2 years 8 months ago #145236

If you can't find the data related to where the HIN is placed, in this website's library,...Track down one of the Florida Glasspar Club's Guru(s) and they will provide the answer you seek.
I wouldn't put it passed Glasspar to stamp the HIN onto a Factory Only casting like the one in the picture.
The guys that monitor this Forum's "G-3 Forum" might be able to provide you with your answer, or be able to "hook you up" with the Florida Glasspar Club Gurus.
doc

Delmar Hull ID 2 years 8 months ago #145238

Hello David.

Yes that is the Glasspar #.

See a similar discussion from a few years back.

www.fiberglassics.com/forum/main-forum/129509-glasspar-club-mariner-identification.html#129677

Thanks,
Terry

Delmar Hull ID 2 years 8 months ago #145240

• davidk
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Terry! I appreciate your ability to find relevant photos and discussion threads. Many days, I can find my phone or car keys.

Delmar Hull ID 2 years 8 months ago #145250

Huh ? Guess I learn something everyday ? Ha-Ha-Ha !
I never would have thought a hull number would be stamped on a fitting ?
I've seen it in pencil under seats, behind dash in pencil ....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)