Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need help to identify my boat

Need help to identify my boat 2 years 9 months ago #144873

What a great site and resource! I’m looking for assistance in identifying my boat. There are no visible markings or data plates that I can locate. The previous owner thought it was manufactured in early 1960s. Port side steering. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need help to identify my boat 2 years 9 months ago #144876

No idea but damn that's cool!!!
Bob

Need help to identify my boat 2 years 9 months ago #144881

looks like a cross between a Power Cat and a hyroplane ?
Sharp looking boat !

Need help to identify my boat 2 years 9 months ago #144882

Thanks I’ve had it for a number of years, but just now getting interested in getting her ready for the water. I have a 1957 Mercury Mark 30E, a 1961 Merc 300, or a 1966 Merc 30 HP twin for engine options.

Need help to identify my boat 2 years 9 months ago #144895

Wow that thing is cool! No idea what it is though, sorry!

Need help to identify my boat 2 years 9 months ago #144907

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I would not have left it sit so long without a fix up. Looks like it could use something more that 30hp. Nautilus would put a blown 350 in there for sure, probably has a few sitting in his shop just waiting for your boat.
If you start working on it begin a thread so we can all get a better lookl

Need help to identify my boat 2 years 9 months ago #144909

It definitely had an outboard on it and I’m going to stay with that for originality purposes. I own a couple hot rods too (stroker SBC and LS6 BBC) so I get my speed/power fix with those. The hull is actually very good with no cracks and no repairs. I’ll certainly update when I get going on it.

Need help to identify my boat 2 years 9 months ago #144911

Further research and I’m now believing it’s likely a home built. One of the previous owners, who never had it on the water, thought is was originally river raced with an outboard jet. I’ll keep looking. Thanks for the reply!

Need help to identify my boat 2 years 9 months ago #144928

No idea who made it. It's very cool. The deck resembles a Fantasy catamaran, but the rear deck resembles a Bell Boy Bonanza. It could be home built, but there were hundreds of small boat builders across the nation at one time.....

As for power - if the the boat is a true catamaran ( no mono hull in the stern ) the boat will need two motors. Running a catamaran hull with one center motor doesn't work correctly. To function properly, an outboard motor requires a planing surface ( bottom ) just ahead of the propeller. So on a true catamaran hull - the boat performs best with two motors - one at the back of each hull / pontoon.

A single motor on a catamaran will perform poorly. The motor will act as if it's mounted too low, and will cause excessive drag. It will also throw up excessive water forward of the gearcase, causing additional drag. Raising the motor will cause the prop to ventilate ( blow out ) excessively. The top speed of the craft will be severely impaired.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6626 guests and one member online