Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1965 glasspar

1965 glasspar 2 years 9 months ago #144778

Hello all.... New to the forum and also boat restoration. My wife found this beauty for me a few years ago and I've been unable to do anything with it til now. Hopefully the pictures load alright... The tag reads 14TW5049 which I believe translates to 14 foot Tacoma built in Olympia in 1965? Just wanting to show off the new project and gain some ideas and insight. Fairly certain the deck is wood with glass overlay possibly with fiberglass stringers.( That would be nice ) I thought the transom may be all fiberglass but apon closer inspection of the splashwell i found what appears to be wood so maybe in the transom as well. Gonna start getting into ot soo so any thoughts and ideas welcome.
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1965 glasspar 2 years 9 months ago #144787

Was looking through the glassic library but didnt see any brochure info for a '65 Tacoma, but there was inf for the '64. I don't know that much about the Glasspar's but there are a few folls on here who have restored them. Yes your transom will be a fibergass sandwich, plywood sandwiched between fiberglass layers. Can't remember if the stringers are wood wrapped in fibergalss or not. Most of the old boats were.

Bob

1965 glasspar 2 years 9 months ago #144790

Hello Andy and welcome to FiberGlassics.

Cool little boat for sure. I would have loved to have it when I was about 10.

You ciphered the Glasspar number correctly and you should find glass stringers below the wood floor.
The transom also plywood is layered up into a slight arc.

Thanks,
Terry

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)