TOPIC: Electric Flying Scott?

Electric Flying Scott? 2 years 10 months ago #144754

• shacomm
  • shacomm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This hit the news today:

The Austin Police Department told ABC News that four female visitors to Texas rented the boat, were out on the lake and drifted too close to the dam. The small electric boat got stuck there and didn't have enough power to get out, officials said. Officials said the spillway was open because of the recent rainfall.

Note the color-matched 1960 Flying Scott on the back of this glassic Duracraft(?). We have a couple of these that showed up in our harbor in CA this summer too. Someone is restoring glassics (yea!) and gutting classic motors and replacing them with electric power. I have mixed feelings about the fate of the motors.

Lonestar(?)

Duracraft(?)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1960 Dorsett Belmont w/ 60 HP Flying Scott aka \"Whisky Tango\" dorsettbelmont.blogspot.com/ Read my Jerky Blog at JerkyAficionado.com

Electric Flying Scott? 2 years 10 months ago #144756

I am ambivolent about this- since i am midway in restoring a 1960 Scott 40hp and a 1960 performer T-bird 14 foot boat. I also just picked up a 1958 Evinrude Lark 35hp for my next project and i honestly thought electric conversion would be interesting... looks like they beat me to it!

www.retroboatsatx.com/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6982 guests and no members online