• Page:

TOPIC: Plexiglass Windshield Questions

Plexiglass Windshield Questions 2 years 11 months ago #144247

• jakec
  • jakec's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a two piece plexiglass windshield. It is not currently installed because I do not have a center support for it. The two halves will sag down in the middle without a support. have a few questions about how I can make what I have usable.

1. Is it possible to find a center support/mast that will fit? All I need is the correct angle, and a routed groove of the correct thickness for the plexiglass. If it's not possible to find one, I will have to make a wood one. The boat is a bellboy (see attached photo).

2. Is there a product that is like a chrome or metal C shaped channel that I can snap onto the top and bottom of the winshield so it has some trim? Currently there is no trim, and no holes in the plexiglass to suggest that there ever was trim.

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Plexiglass Windshield Questions 2 years 11 months ago #144248

• jakec
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
This would be a good product for the top of windshield although square profile would be better.
www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/plastic_rods_tubes_shapes/edge_guard/608

This would be good for the bottom to match the rounded top trim. The no trim on the underside of the windshield would be preferred so the windshield can be fastened tightly.

www.brandsport.com/ptrm-140c-05.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=freelistings&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplpptrm-140c-05&sc_intid=ptrm-140c-05&gclid=CjwKCAjw6qqDBhB-EiwACBs6x36Kc0Gl5qnWu9G_my-GRJFiBGnsvc_RSxHmSDOPwuiyi-seO747fRoCwO4QAvD_BwE

Plexiglass Windshield Questions 2 years 11 months ago #144251

have you checked places like McMaster-Carr or Grainger ? They have a lot of shapes and materials for trim options ?
If anything ? Those places can give you ideas ?

Plexiglass Windshield Questions 2 years 11 months ago #144253

• jakec
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the suggestions. Mcmaster has a lot of good trims. Unfortunately their metal ones are not flexible and their plastic ones are just black.. I like the plastic ones that have the chrome appearance.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)