• Page:

TOPIC: 1960 Dorsett Catalina

1960 Dorsett Catalina 3 years 3 weeks ago #144225

• 60cat
  • 60cat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey there classic boaters !! I just recently picked up my first fiber classic , and in fact my first real boat , I’m now the proud owner of a 1960 dorsett Catalina named “ Helen” by a previous owner , soooo classic ,
Any how she’s 90% original as far as I can tell , which is great but she has suffered some neglect in the passed few years , seems she sat outside and accumulated water on the floor which seeped into the stringers and rotted the aft section of the stringers and of course the floor , the transom is still like perfect tho , ( thank the maker of rain ) , anyhow I’ve since removed 50 or so inches of floor from stern forward and all from side to side . I’ve discovered that thes stringers ( original or not ) do not touch the transom , they stop short ( all 6 of them ) no connection except to the hull floor, and with delamination of some tabbing at the last 2 ft not attached , the rot is threw on those last two feet so that at least needs replaced , but shouldn’t they end with a solid connection to the transom ? And with holes to drain to the bilge
Any help with info or pictures would really be great , thanks folks , looking forward to some feedback

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6868 guests and one member online