Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1960 Glastron Fireflite

1960 Glastron Fireflite 3 years 1 month ago #144053

Finally picked up this 1960 Glastron Fireflite i've had my eye on. Needs a lot of love but couldn't be happier.
If anyone has any leads on original windshield trim for 60-61 Glastron Please contact me. Also searching for one Glastron emblem and the probably impossible to find Hardtop.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1960 Glastron Fireflite 3 years 1 month ago #144060

Nice boat, good lines. Good luck with it.

Also...What is the car behind it? Rear of a VW Beetle but stretched out or something?

1960 Glastron Fireflite 3 years 1 month ago #144062

Thanks! I am excited to get this lil gem back on the water.

I believe it was a 48 Ford Sedan. That picture was taken at the previous owners house. I agree though totally looks like a stretched VW from that angle.

1960 Glastron Fireflite 3 years 1 month ago #144106

Cool boat and the car is a 46/8 Dodge four door sedan.

Attachments:

1960 Glastron Fireflite Updates 2 years 6 months ago #145535

Update in case anyone is interested.

Replaced the floor added total boat foam did some stringer repair. Located a Nautalloy / Aquabird Steering wheel, clean set of original Glastron emblems, No dice yet on finding an original windshield. A few fellow 60 Fireflite owners were kind enough to take a few dimensions for me. The plan is to hunt down some original windshield trim from another year Glastron then attempt fabricating the original shape. Eventually building the Hardtop. The Merc Mark 58 is just mock up (for now). The 75hp 61' Johnson will remain as the primary. Currently restoring an early 62-68 Evinrude Starflite cowl the plan is to make the engine two tone white and red. IF ANYONE HAS 62' COWL TRIM CONTACT ME! The paint will be TotalBoat Red, interior is coming along. I purchased a pair of white pleated captains buckets with red trim. Restored an old 60 Singer 328K sewing machine to use for the rest of my U-shaped seating arrangement. If anyone is interested in more pictures updates or knows of another 60 Fireflite leave a comment!
Attachments:

1960 Glastron Fireflite Updates 2 years 6 months ago #145538

Excellent, she's coming along nicely.

Bob

1960 Glastron Fireflite 2 years 2 months ago #146173

I finally have an original 60 Hardtop!!
Attachments:

1960 Glastron Fireflite 2 years 2 months ago #146174

• Doug Reeve
  • Away
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Very cool!

1960 Glastron Fireflite 2 years 4 weeks ago #146390

Small update on the Fireflite. Hardtop is mocked up, upper windshield frame repaired, working on a jig for molding a new windshield, restored one of the three TeeNee wheels, found some cheap hubcaps (6.99 a piece) that will fit after some modification. Planning on making a custom lower profile trailer but still using the TeeNee fenders. Ride height will be about 7" taller than pictured. Made some extra side rails with heavier wall tubing the plan for those is to make a separate hardtop out of .220 plexi or make some fiberglass molds. Looks like Glastron had produced these hardtops as two separate halves top and bottom then bonded them together. I am hoping to replicate the top curve 1:1 with the plexi and use the heavier side rails as well as front and rear bolt on sections for rigidity. We shall see.. that will be a side project after the summer.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 603photog

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8600 guests and 2 members online