Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1964 Homelite 55

1964 Homelite 55 3 years 4 months ago #143688

Hi All, I just bought a 1964? AeroCraft Newport with a Homelite 55 4 cycle engine on it. I am struggling to get information on the boat, but it's in nice shape and only needs some cosmetic updates. If the State of Michigan ever opens back up, I will register it.

My big issues come from trying to get the engine running. If anyone has any advice, I would love to have it. One of my first issues is trying to get an oil filter for it. (Homelite Filter # 90167-1). Somewhere, (not sure where), I found a cross reference to a Wix Filter 24104, but that filter is a fuel filter. I do not think that will work. This engine was later called a Bearcat 55.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1964 Homelite 55 3 years 4 months ago #143701

"Bart59dodge" has a Cutter with a homelite on it. He may be able to give you the oil filter number ?
When in a topic, up in the black tabs near the top of the page, there is a search tab. Just type in a word and hit search.
The default search is set to one year and newer. you can change the setting to one year and older if you don't find what you're looking for. BTW. Nice rig you got there ! Good luck on your quest !!!

1964 Homelite 55 3 years 4 months ago #143704

Yep, those are the interchange numbers for that Homelite Oil Filter... you can add NAPA PN: 4104 to your list.

My notes say that with this style oil filter to "tighten with a Large Channel Locks to be sure it's tight and won't vibrate loose. These filters do not crush a gasket like car oil filters do. They overlap an O-ring and must be tight against the aluminum oil pressure relief housing."

Hope that helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TMN78247

1964 Homelite 55 3 years 3 months ago #143811

captainsteve,

IF you know of anyone who wants another HOMELITE 55, I have such a 'rebuilt" Homelite with all the controls for sale for 300.oo, that I bought at that price from an Austin TX estate sale.

I also have an ORIGINAL Homelite tachometer for sale at 50.OO with the OB ONLY.
(Fwiw, I bought the Homelite to power an OVER 22 FOOT, HELTON, HOLMES or another "molded plywood" OPEN FISHERMAN. = After over 3 years of looking for a "RESTORABLE" hull, I have "finally given up" on that project/DREAM.)

NOTE: I have spent HUNDREDS of dollars, traveling to see/buy a HELTON or HOLMES that was supposedly "IN GOOD SHAPE" - EACH ONE, upon arrival was found to actually be a "pile of rotten plywood".

BEST WISHES on your CUTTER & THE HOMELITE 55.

Yours, Tex

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7081 guests and one member online