Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143601

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
Happy Thanksgiving to you all from the PNW!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143602

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
happy thanksgiving too all from Minnesota

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143603

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Thanks and same from Wisconsin. I did eat a boatload!

Dr.Go!

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143604

Right there with you from Wisconsin's west coast!!
Bill

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143606

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
Home from family Dinner and it was Good! <Burp> ;)

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143607

Haappy belated Thanksgiving from Kentucky, sorry didn't log in yesterday. We're at my daughters and stuffed!

Bob

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143608

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Happy Turkey day from south central Wisco. now that we got that out of the way, is it mayday yet????

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143609

Ya, I think the ice is ready to go out on Castle Rock any day now!!
Bill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shake

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143616

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Bill, it's probably a good thing it isn't next boating season yet, on castle rock, my recent lake boat is deadly fast and eventually I am going to find someone who is brave enough and fast enough to run em and it sure as heck will take a lot more that the usual checkmate and baja stock to play. =) thinking I will have to pop up on lake petenwell and find my old montra I sold a couple years ago to run against me.
How's the boat scene over in the La Crosse area?

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143617

Around La Crosse a lot of people are getting pontoons or those damn wakeboard boats that put out a 3 or 4 foot wake so they can surf. The worst part is they have no idea what kind of damage those things do to the shoreline or docks and boats tied to them. Our family cottage is up by Trempeauleau and we have had a lot of "discussions" with some of them and enlightened them to the damage they do. The local Sheriff as also brought it to their attention , and that has helped. Even though La Crosse is an old river town, there are very few classic boats around. I can't tell you the last time I saw another "woody".
Bill

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143618

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Well Shake, I am 30 years too late to play on Castle Rock. I ran my Hydrostream Viking there a few times 30 years back, but I could only get low to mid 80s, so you could probably walk away... but it still would have been fun. I sold it to a young family down there, but removed the big motor and put a properly rated 175. Fun to run up to the dam on 21 and back when you can go fast!

Dr.Go!

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143619

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Dr Go, how far are you from the area? I would have loved to go for a ride with you on your Viking, some day I'd like to have one. Those boats are timeless, and a great all around outboard hot rod. You really have to drive a v at those speeds. We do the same, run from the iron bridge up to the damn/ hiway 21 then back, it get's really busy up there, as the main part of the lake gets really rough basically with any breeze or traffic.

Bill, I know, those wake boats bite HARD, and some of those pontoons aren't much better wake wise. The guy who bought my jetboat from me runs on petenwell, and seems to have good luck up there, so I will most likely try my luck up there.

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143625

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Shake - I am about 90 minutes from Castle Rock campground boat landing on that east side south end. I wonder if I could find my old Viking. It was 10 years old when I sold it and I never even let that hull touch the beach. It was garage kept, so like new when sold. If the next owners did the same, it could be a cheap nice boat. It had the bruiser package of blue flake faded into black flake deck and hull. For sure you used a lot of seat time and drove it (I mean fly it balanced on the pad) solid mountains, tight twin steering, hydraulic transom, crescent low water pick lower unit, a 30 pitch chopped (I should have been running a cleaver instead, but I still liked to do deep water barefoot starts at the time and chopper worked better) ... also foot throttle and disconnected rev limiter... 30-60 in 3.8 seconds, so pretty quick. We had someone paint what looked like a tree truck shaped like an old slingshot with a big rubber band around the waist of the Tasmanian Devil cartoon all pulled back and ready to launch and named it slingshot. I told my brother I never had a boat that could launch so hard... it feels like a slingshot... he said I think. You found your name. I have a 30 year old grandpa Hydrostream now... the 20’ open boy Voyagerxt with the XT air entrapment v... I love this boat too because it is versatile and forgiving. As you know, the light Hydrostream boat requires some boating experience and still not too forgiving if you hit wind or wave wrong. After seeing your rocket boats, you already know this.

Dr.Go!

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143627

You guys are out of my league. When I put the 115 Merc on my Thompson I was happy to get about 40 or 41 on calm water. And the thing I like, I get that alone in the boat or with 3 or 4 passengers. As for the pontoons around here, I saw one up on a lift at the marina with twin 300's. Why do you need that on a Pontoon? I am sorry, stupid question. To go damn fast of course. But in an area like La Crosse there is so much traffic you can't go fast safely anyway. I am sure it compares to Castle Rock on any summer weekend. By the way, I drove over the Buckhorn Bridge today and it is starting to freeze over up there.
Bill

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143629

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I hear you Bill... you could buy a Hacker Craft or Chris Craft woody even cheaper that a tune with twin 300. I prefer your wooden classic with the 115 over super toon. JMHO.

Dr.Go!

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143630

That is my opinion also, but I might be a little biased. Thanks .
Bill

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143666

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Dr. Go I'll keep my eyes open for your viking. I looked at a couple valero yt s before i got the riot. I have a lot of respect for them hydrostream. Maybe I'll see you at one our the umpba races next summer.

Bill I hear you on the vintage boats, they are fun. I really enjoy taking the feathercraft vagabond out for a relaxing cruise often.

Happy Thanksgiving! 3 years 4 months ago #143676

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Shake - tell me more about the umpba races. You should plan to take one of your rocket boats to the Threelakesshootout.com event next summer. Three lakes Wisconsin where the run 1000 foot radar runs... the weekend before the Fourth of July usually. Lots of very cool boats show up. Outboards breaking 100 mph. Jets and sometimes inboards hitting 130 mph or more. Might be fun to hit Castle rock again. My Viking has to be somewhere. Now I will have to do some digging.

Dr.Go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6103 guests and 2 members online