Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone recognize this boat model/manufacturer?

Anyone recognize this boat model/manufacturer? 3 years 7 months ago #143066

Hi everyone.
This is my first post.
I’m Tommy from Italy.
I recently bought this little fiberglass boat, with the intent to fully restore it to go fish and maybe play a bit with it in the mediterranean sea.
I already sanded a good 70% of the rough brush applied red paint, to discover what seems the original light blue color.
Replaced the transom, i’m now playing with filler to smooth out some damaged areas and as soon as i’m finished with that i’m gonna paint it.
My question to you fiberglassics experts is:
Have you ever seen this model boat or do you have any suggestions on what make could it be?
It’s a 12 foot all fiberglass, had a very rotten Plywood transom, and some kind of unsinkable like feature in the form of a lot of spray foam in the transom corners and under the front of the bow, that has been replaced with some new foam as what was in there was brown and looked exactly like 40-50 years old spray expanding foam.
It has a dash molded into the fiberglass with what seems to be the outline of where the windshield would go but no signs that one has ever been installed.
Under it, what Looks like the previous location for a rope and pulley steering wheel system but it’s on the port (left) side (if that is of any importance, all the boats i’ve seen have it on the starboard side so i guess could be something)
There are no holes or steering shaft support on the starboard side.
I’d say its a 4 person boat and to my untrained eyes looks to have been made in the 60’s.
What do you guys think?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anyone recognize this boat model/manufacturer? 3 years 7 months ago #143078

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Nice project. Will keep you out of trouble for sometime :)
I've seen that style before but at the moment cannot recall the make. I'm sure someone here will know or point you in the right direction.
AS for the steering being on the port side, that's not unusual for the older boats. I think the dealers got boats from manufacturers as just a blank hull and then added the motor and accessories to the buyers preference. Now days seems like everything comes as a package for one huge price.
Good to see you bring the old girl back to life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tommylrpc

Anyone recognize this boat model/manufacturer? 3 years 7 months ago #143081

Owens?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tommylrpc

Anyone recognize this boat model/manufacturer? 3 years 6 months ago #143220

Thank you guys for your feedback. I have found an identical boat for sale about 200 km from me but the seller didn’t know much about his either.
Do you have any idea on an approximated year/decade it coud have been made in?
The restoration is taking a LOT of time, mainly straightening out a bunch of previous half-assed repairs.
The whole centerline of the hull has been glassed over the paint and then repainted.
as soon as i started sanding the area, it started to delaminate and i had to strip it most of the way down to the bare hull...
but the transom is finished and hopefully it won’t take all winter to recover the hull and paint it.

Anyone recognize this boat model/manufacturer? 3 years 6 months ago #143221

So it does seem to have some Owens lines to her but I don[t know. I would say late 50's very early 60's but i'm not sure, sorry. She will keep you busy and be great when you're done!

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)