Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New book project: The Realationship:Cars and Boats

New book project: The Realationship:Cars and Boats 7 years 6 months ago #128078

New book project underway!
I am writing a book on the relationship between boat design and car design and how they have influenced each other over the years. Cars have been influenced by boats since the beginning, starting with boat-tail speedsters and boat-like wooden bodies. Boats, especially in the 1950's and 1960's have more than just a little of car styling influences in their designs.

I NEED YOUR HELP!

I am in process of acquiring high quality images, both modern and vintage, of boats with car styling. Original sales catalogs, advertisements, factory photos, etc.

I also would like to talk with boat owners, collectors and historians about some of these boats. I am interested in having different experts on different makes and models write comments on their field of expertise for use in the book.

I will give photo credit for all photos. I want to make this a really great book, so any input from the FiberGlassic community would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully we all can have fun with this project!

Thank you
Steve Natale
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New book project: The Realationship:Cars and Boats 7 years 6 months ago #128084

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi, If you want I have most the headlight boats and others at my website www.billscars.com help your self,no repops,,Bill Anderson pics look alikes 56 Plymouth,59 chevy and 59 Pontiac,or edsel just a couple
Attachments:

Re:New book project: The Realationship:Cars and Boats 7 years 6 months ago #128091

Bill has the best examples of Boats that resembled cars that is for sure. How ever your comment about cars taking the shape of boats is kinda backwards when it came to the 50s and 60s. In that era the boats were modeled after the cars because Fins were in. Best marine historian I know is Andreas on this site. He is a wealth of knowledge. I sent you a email earlier so please do give me a call when you get time. I would make a trip to Bills personal museum to get some great history and pictures for your book.
Bob

Re:New book project: The Realationship:Cars and Boats 7 years 6 months ago #128112

Thanks! I would love to visit Bill as well, but I'm running out of time and weather for this year. Maybe in the spring..but if I can acquire some good photos in the next few months that would be awesome.

I agree that cars influenced boat design much more in the post-war era, perhaps I was not clear. Each did still influence other, and I like the debate as to what came first- the chicken or the egg. The more research I do, the more that will come to light.
Attachments:

Re:New book project: The Realationship:Cars and Boats 7 years 6 months ago #128113

Thank you so much. I saw all of your incredible boats on your web site. I would love to feature them, I just need high-resolution images, the images on the website are to small and will not reproduce well for print. Let me know if you have any larger images. If not I would like to shoot some new ones. I'll try to call you in the next few days.

Thanks again!

Re:New book project: The Realationship:Cars and Boats 7 years 6 months ago #128120

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I really need to update the website, ya give me call sometime,309 747 2886 days Bill
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)