Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 holiday runabout. Model?

1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 3 months ago #103448

Hello all, I purchased this boat this fall very cheap and can't find much info on it at all. In the glassics library there is an ad for the holiday plastics inc. with a similar boat but it is different. Anyone know what model this is?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 3 months ago #103460

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Dale, glad to have you join us. Hopefully one of the members will be able to help with your Holiday ID, we've got some pretty sharp folks dropping by from time to time.

Mark

Re: 1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 3 months ago #103464

Got any pix?

Re: 1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 3 months ago #103474

dalesdeadbug,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 3 months ago #103923

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Crosby?

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 3 months ago #104042

not a crosby, the manufacturer is definitely holiday. just cant figure out what model it is. there is very little info about this boat. must be rare

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 1 month ago #106199

Dale - I have this exact same boat! Made by Holiday Plastics out of Kansas City. Like you, I also do not know what model it is. My seating arrangement is exactly like yours. Mine is also red and cream and left-hand drive. Mine was fitted with a 60 hp Flying Scott motor and Scott Atwater gauges. I am having difficulty finding parts to get it running but think I turned a corner recently. I'm sorry I don't have any pics to share at this time but I will. Please call me so we can talk and compare notes! We might have the only two of these left. I'm in Nebraska in Central Time.

I have only seen 2 other pictures of Holiday Plastics boats on this site and neither matched ours. They had fins and fancy seating. Also, both were in much worse shape than ours, no motors, no upholstery, etc. The what I presume is a serial number for mine down by my feet is 1928, I have conflicting information as to whether mine is a 1958 or 1959.

If anyone else has knowledge of Holiday Plastics boats, please chime in!

Mark
402-440-1538

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 1 month ago #106204

eldrem00,

WELCOME ABOARD. - Sounds like a fun rig too.

Fyi, half of the fun of antique boats/motors/trailers/etc. is LOOKING FOR/Acquiring the parts & materials.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 1 month ago #106267

Thanks satx! As I'm reaching out to members on this site and also AOMCI, I'm getting the help I need and making new friends in the process. I'm anxious to get my boat back on the water and perhaps go to a meet or two this summer. Thanks to all for the help and encouragement and enabling my new disease! PS - I also have the classic VW disease that I can also discuss and share with any of you!

Mark

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 1 month ago #106268

classic vws you say? you should have mentioned that over the phone. ive owned dozens

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 1 month ago #106274

Apparently we have more in common than just a weird boat. I have a '56 oval sunroof, a 62 'vert, and a '65 deluxe bus. You?

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 1 month ago #107215

Hi guys,
I wanted to let you know that i too have a Holiday. Mine is a 58' Hoilday 110 model. When I Purchased the boat last year lady guessed it was a 59' but the measurement of the hull did not match. So measure the length of your hull and that will give you what you are looking for. www.fiberglassics.com/wiki/images/e/ef/Holidaypp60001.jpg
A member posted this over a year ago and it helped me. And it's good to know other Holiday boats exist. I have Googled it to death wth no luck other than the info from this site.

Thanks,
Joe

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 1 month ago #107258

Joe, that's great to hear that there's another one out there! Where are you located? I'm in Nebraska and Ben is in Ohio. Is your boat in running condition? Mine is in pieces right now so no pics. I will post some as soon as it's back together later this spring. You can call me at 402-440-1538 if you want to chat and compare notes sometime. I'm interested to hear everything about your Holiday! Is yours like Ben's in the picture? Bench seating in the back?

Regards,
Mark

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 1 month ago #107262

HolidayJoe,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 3 weeks ago #107486

Hi Mark, my boat is exactly like the picture in the ad. When I purchased the boat last year there was a hole in the transom and the interior was completly gone. I removed old transom and installed new one, added 7 coats of gelcoat and repainted the top shell with red. I have to finish sanding the gelcoat on the transom and will polish the rest of the hull. I have all pictures on old phone and will post when I retrive them. So boat is ready to float now as of 3 weeks ago and I will start reassembling in a couple of weeks hopefully. It is great to here there are more Holidays around. BTW I am located in Georgia.

Thanks,
Joe

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 3 weeks ago #107489

Thanks Satx! Glad to be apart of this cool site.

Thanks,
Joe

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 6 days ago #108330

I was able to retrive old photos of the boat and the pics of the restoration process. I'm not sure if these photos are uploading or not. Hopefully this works.
Attachments:

Thanks,
Joe

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 9 years 6 days ago #108331

Yup. I'm not very good at uploading multiple pics!
Attachments:

Thanks,
Joe

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 8 years 11 months ago #108701

i got my boat out today to put the freshly rebuilt mark 58a on it and decided to get some more detailed pictures of it

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 8 years 11 months ago #108707

Very cool Ben! You and I have the same model and from Joe's pics, it looks like his is a different model. Now I feel bad that I'm the only one without pics to share. Unfortunately, they'll have to wait a bit as I just had surgery on my neck with removal of 2 discs and fusion of 3 vertebrae. Yuck! Long story short, I cannot drive for 6 - 8 weeks and the boat is located about an hour's drive away. Right before surgery, I was able to polish out the red gel coat and got all of the chrome hardware put back on. It's not anywhere near perfect, with spider cracks and such, but it will do for now. I'll tackle the lower portion later this summer. The boat could really stand a full restoration of the gel coat sometime in its future but that will probably cost more than the whole thing is worth. But, if I love it...

Thanks for the posts Holiday Gang!

PS - I made some extra emblems out of plastic in case anyone breaks one of their originals.

Mark

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 8 years 11 months ago #108720

I like the lines of that hull. How does she handle on the water?

Will

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 8 years 11 months ago #108726

Ben,
The pictures are great! The boat is beautiful. I noticed that our hulls are the same design except yours looks about 2' longer but, top section is completly diffferent. The crome is the same. Seeing your pics has lit that spark again to get mine going. Just a little more sanding on the top to get rid of some orange peel, polish and I will put it back together. BTW, the MERC looks awesome on the back!

And Mark I hope you heal well and get on the water soon.

Thanks,
Joe

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 8 years 11 months ago #108730

she handles like a waverunner, it will turn so sharp that water will splash over the gunwales. Joe, my boat is only 14' long. Is yours really shorter than that?

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 8 years 7 months ago #114377

Just wanted to show off some pics of the boat. Exterior is complete and interior is good enough for this season.
Attachments:

Thanks,
Joe

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 8 years 7 months ago #114388

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks great Joe, nice work.

Mark

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 8 years 7 months ago #114516

I may be wrong, but I think that it looks like the Model 310. The way to differentiate the 1958 from the 1959 is from the engine capacity. The 1958 lists the max horsepower as 70, while the 1959 will allow 95. This should be called out on the OBC tag on the transom. The 17'3" length is along the gunnel. This is from the 1959 catalog. Hope that this will help. In the second photo, the 310 is in the upper right hand corner.

Lee Wangstad
Attachments:

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 8 years 7 months ago #114518

Neat rig!!!! We all need to have a get together, with the dress code appropriate to the year of your boat... lol.

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 6 years 4 months ago #134892

I have what I believe to be a 1959 Holiday #110. Mine is blue and is just like boat in upper left hand corner of their brochure. I have updated front seats. You can't see it in brochure but mine has white pin stripes on bow. Anymore members with these boats?

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 6 years 4 months ago #134895

you can take assembly pictures hahah pictures are pictures

billy

Re:1959 holiday runabout. Model? 4 years 9 months ago #140281

Howdy! I have a Holiday 110 runabout with a Scott-Atwater 40 outboard that I'm hoping to get back on the water. I'm not sure of the year, but I'm thinking 1957 or 1958. The boat and motor are Red and White. I bought the boat in Virginia, (no titles or paperwork) but the boat clearly came from Wisconsin, judging by the registration number on the boat. I can't find anyone in my area of N.C. that knows anything about the boat or the outboard, and NOBODY that knows how to work on, or is even familiar with the Scot-Atwater brand! I was born in 1957, and I want to fix this boat! Everybody here says "You can't get parts" or "That's a waste of time and money" or, my personal favorite, "Why don't you just buy a new one?" I have my Dad's 1956 Ford F100 pickup (also Red and White!) that I want to pull it with. I'm almost done with the truck, after 30 years, and I'd like to do up the boat to match it. What's wrong with that? Anyone that knows the Scott-Atwater brand, and would like to chime in, PLEASE do! I'm not wealthy, put I can "pay as you go", if I could just find someone to work on my outboard! HELP! Feel free to call or text: (919)-902-4462 Anytime! Blue Skies and Thanks, Blair
Attachments:

1959 holiday runabout. Model? 2 years 4 months ago #145775

Greetings, I found a Holiday Runabout in the garage of a house I just bought at auction. I plan to bring her back to life over the winter!

1959 holiday runabout. Model? 1 year 3 weeks ago #147835

Adding our boat to the list of Holiday Survivors, bought new in 1958 and still in the family. Hope to have it out for the 4th generation to enjoy this summer and ski behind. Last time out was 1990. And 1970 before that. Scot atwater was traded back in for a 1962 Kiekhaefer Merc 700. Garage kept all this time. Todd In St louis Mo.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.598 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8148 guests and 2 members online