The forum is pretty dormant, but if you're dropping in or still monitoring, I thought I'd give an update.
I retired from my day job February, 2025. I've had a Homelite that I bought from good old Ed Ewing back in 2015 that got me hooked on these things, and has become a hobby for me.
I'm not a mechanic by trade, but have been in the British Car Hobby, specifically MG's for 40+ years, and you can't be a british car nut without gaining some mechanical skills. (If you know, you know).
I rent a storage space in East Wenatchee Washington that doubles as my shop. I have acquired a small cache of NOS and used Homelite and Bearcat parts, and even have gone so far as to have most of the gaskets reverse engineered and available, along with reproducing impellers. I have some of the rarer discontinued old stock gear case and drive shaft bearings, and I have all of the seals and o-rings. I have a limited stock of oil filters too.
I sell parts on eBay as Homelite55.
I know there's really no shop that's willing to work on these motors now, but as long as someone understands I'm not a business, I'm willing to help work on motors for others, preferably as a side-by side helper/coach, but in a pinch, I've done work for hire. I charge $50 an hour, which is 1/4 what most shops would charge if they were willing to touch these.
I don't buy motors, but if you have one that's in the way in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, or Northern California, I will come and take them off your hands to keep them from going to scrap piles. From time to time I may post a running used motor for sale, but it's been a while.
The picture is of a motor I recently worked on. Other than being a good strong powerhead, everything else needed attention.
Dave.
530-592-6611
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.