Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how to attach control cables to Bearcat?

how to attach control cables to Bearcat? 1 year 7 months ago #147042

I bought two motors but foolishly failed to get the control boxes. I understand the metal clips on the pan for securing the outside part of the cable, but I don't see how to attach the cables to the shift and throttle levers. The throttle lever has a 1/4" (+/-) pin but how is the cable end supposed to be attached to that? Likewise the shift lever has a 1/4" hole with slots @180 deg. I presume the intent is to use "33" cables with 10x 32 threads on both ends?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

how to attach control cables to Bearcat? 1 year 7 months ago #147130

I sent you pictures, but thought I'd post them here as well so if in the future anyone else has this question they'll see the answer. This is a cable end kit that would have come with the control box when new. The aluminum ends thread on the cables and attach the cables to the control box end. The red connector is the throttle end at the engine, and the black connector is the shift cable end at the engine.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: amuller

how to attach control cables to Bearcat? 1 year 7 months ago #147133

Thanks! I have a Suzuki control box that uses the same style cable and I think will work. Not sure if the stroke is the same but seems to be.

I'm seriously considering making a Franknenmotor with Suzuki TD65 attachment parts. That would give me a hydraulic tilt-trim and also a tilt-tube for steering cable attachment. So far it doesn't look like a difficult project but it's not fully explored.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7336 guests and one member online