Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Hagerty Classic Marine Insurance Agency recognizes FiberGlassics.com as one of the first -- and most engaging -- communities dedicated entirely to the classic fiberglass boating hobby. As the world's leading provider of collector boat insurance, we offer a product specially tailored to the collector hobby. In recognition of the FiberGlassic.com’s efforts within the collector community, we are now offering a 10% premium discount to all FiberGlassic.com members* . To learn more about Hagerty and its collector boat program, post here or call 1-800-762-2628.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Liability

Liability 7 years 2 months ago #129953

• bilnan1
  • bilnan1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
There was a couple of us talking and I know I am right but you folks right a liability with boats and most of the time he runs a cheaper boat 2-3k, he thought you guys don't mess with the small ones can you tell him I'm right thanks Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Liability 7 years 2 months ago #130368

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Bill, a few years back when I had my woodie Century I had it insured with Hagerty. It was based on a set value. The owner set the value and paid the premium for that amount. Had to do quite a bit of documentation and pictures but there was no problem and I was happy with their personal service and correspondence. I'm one of the cheaper boat guys now :laugh: and really don't need the specialized services that they provided. Since I don't have one of the expensive daily drivers that you have :angry: I just insure for liability, injuries, oil spills etc. Premiums around $125/yr which is cheap considering what one would have to pay if there were some type of mishap. I can get you the name of the company if you want.
Cal

Liability 6 years 4 months ago #134993

First off, I sincerely apologize for the tardiness of my response. Generally speaking, should someone have a classic boat (wood or fiberglass) with a value of $2500, Hagerty can write a full coverage policy (including liability) for approximately $200-$220 annually. This is a policy with an agreed value, thus in the event of a covered total loss, the owner would receive the value stated on the policy. The above premium includes liability, uninsured boater, fuel spillage, personal effects and towing. Again, this is a generalization; however, please contact Hagerty for specifics and a firm quote.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6519 guests and one member online