• Page:

TOPIC: Boat cover for the early G3..

Boat cover for the early G3.. 2 years 8 months ago #145209

• deac1234
  • deac1234's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Has anyone had a cover custom made for the 1960 G3? One that actually fits the boat and motor? If so, cost?

Failing in that has anyone found a cover that fits decently?

Thanks,

Kerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boat cover for the early G3.. 2 years 8 months ago #145247

Kerry, I have a custom made cover on my centredeck, using a 1"x 3/32" aluminium flatbar bar sewn into the cover at the front, in conjunction with two 'rear hood/tonneau retaining clips' from an MGB (1970-1980s). These chromed retainers are fitted under the windscreen, are unobtrusive and approx 1-1/4" long x 3/4" wide. This gives a neat appearance and secure fastening at the front and weatherproof. Elastic rubber is used to tension the cover at the rear corners, hooked onto the rear cleats. Another sewn-in bar, acting as a 'hood bow', straddles the larger rear cockpit crossways, ensuring puddles don't form and collect rain. Removed, the whole thing rolls into a neat and small package.
Here is a pic of the MGB fitting, I will try find a pic of my whole tonneau/cover, which covers only the two cockpits but not the motor. The idea could be adapted or altered to suit your wishes.
Ken.
Attachments:

Boat cover for the early G3.. 2 years 8 months ago #145248

Here's the best I can find for now, but it gives you the idea.
I have used this method on many boats over the years. We get heavy tropical rainstorms here and this works fine. Travels well at 70mph without flapping or lifting.
An old pic from above with arrows showing where the clips are located. The other two pics show a bit more.
Hope this gives you some ideas.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: deac1234

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6946 guests and one member online