• Page:

TOPIC: New to the G3 Club!

New to the G3 Club! 3 years 10 months ago #142597

• andyt
  • andyt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi everyone, I just bought a fairly complete 1960 G3 in what looks like very restorable condition. I've owned a couple of Glasspars in the past, an Avalon that was a basket case and a 1959 Citation that I began restoration on, but never completed due to an out of state move 10 years ago. I've always wanted a G3 since that first Avalon purchase and now I have one! I was a member on the old Glasspar forum and have been a member here since the early 2000's, but haven't been active as I've not been boating in a while.

I'm really excited to get to work on this project and I know it will take a few years to do it right, I just wanted to introduce myself and thanks in advance for any assistance from the group. I haven't picked the boat up yet, but added some pics if anyone is interested.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to the G3 Club! 3 years 10 months ago #142608

• Dr.Go!
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Welcome aboard! There are G3 experts here. Evinrude experts ( post questions under the J.E.G.O. Forum), and just plain overall experts here to help. To be clear, I am a learner and not an expert. I have seen pictures of that boat before... has my favorite Evinrude on it. Very cool package!! Good luck and enjoy it.

Dr.Go!

New to the G3 Club! 3 years 9 months ago #142657

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Gorgeous boat. Back when they had style. The outboard cowl is one of the coolest that Evinrude produced. Congrats.

New to the G3 Club! 3 years 9 months ago #142759

• andyt
  • andyt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for the warm welcome, I picked the boat up Tuesday and it was in much better condition that I had expected, so I think I'm just going to fix the engine, repair the mat on the floor to seal it and run it as a survivor rather than begin a major project. I'm working on getting all of the accessories I need to put in somewhere and see how she runs. That starflite is way more complicated than the twins.

New to the G3 Club! 3 years 4 months ago #143661

Starflites are not complicated in the least. Ignition is easier to get to and service than the twins since you do not have to pull the flywheel.
Should have a simple magneto under the cowl and belt driven. Carb is a simple 2 barrel down draft. Fuel pump right underneath it.
Thermostat housing is easy to get to as well.
Gearcase is removed exactly the same way as a twin. Very simple and rugged engine.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6642 guests and no members online