Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
FiberGlassics® North-East
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013

Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 11 years 2 months ago #74367

This is a great ACBS show, held every year the third weekend in July in Hammondsport, NY, on Keuka Lake. How can you not be entranced by Keuka Lake and the village of Hammondsport?

Let’s start with the lake. Keuka is the only Finger Lake with a “Y” shape. All the other Finger Lakes are long and narrow. As a result, the 20 mile long lake has a 60 mile long shoreline! The shoreline is mostly developed with residences, both seasonal and year-round, as well as some great restaurants. Branchport and Penn Yan are at the northern end of the lake, offering lodging, restaurants, and full service marinas. One of the nicest state campgrounds you will find in New York is near Branchport. It is a full service park with campgrounds, a beach, boat launch, docks for rent, a lake-side building that can be rented, and one of the coolest playgrounds you’ve ever seen! The Keuka Lake Wine Trail boasts 8 wineries! The deep lake (up to 186’) supports a healthy trout and salmon fishery, as well as bass and perch and a large population of baitfish (mostly alewives).

The village of Hammondsport was founded around 1827 by Lazarus Hammond, and incorporated in 1856. The village later became a center for New York’s wine industry. Other than wine, the village’s primary claim to fame was as the birthplace and industrial center of Glenn Curtis (1878-1930). Curtis was a renowned expert on gasoline engines, and designer and manufacturer of motorcycles and early aircraft and seaplanes. There is a sizable and excellent museum just south of Hammondsport that celebrates Curtis’ genius with all things mechanical. The Hammondsport Chamber of Commerce trumpets itself as “The Cradle of Aviation and Heart of the New York State Wine Region” and calls Keuka Lake “Jewel of the Finger Lakes.” The village is relatively small (around 700 people in less than ½ square mile), but was voted “America’s Coolest Small Town” last year by Budget Travel Magazine (actually it was a tie with Beaufort, NC). It has many lodging options and a number of restaurant choices from simple and inexpensive to fancy and costly. See the chamber website for more info: www.corningfingerlakes.com/about/towns-villages/hammondsport

For my money, you could not ask for a more unique, fun, and wonderful place for a Northeast classic boat show the 3rd weekend every July. Mark your calendars now for July 19, 20 and 21, 2013, and let’s show folks how cool our classic fiberglass boats are!

Join us!

Any questions, email or PM me. I’ll help however I can. Thanks!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 11 years 2 months ago #74383

i can attest to all that frank says, plus it has the clearest water that i have ever seen. we made the trip 2 yrs ago and had a large amount of glass at the show. the museum where the chapter held its dinner was awesome. ron : : : :

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 11 years 2 months ago #74386

i agree its the best show we have went to so far,if i get the devil ray done by then we will be there,except i had my right shoulder operated on,now next month i get the other shoulder done,i hope i can work on it before the show.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 11 years 2 months ago #74402

Best of luck with recovery John. My shoulders took longer than normal, so I just hope you're "more" normal and get back in shape quick and get that Devil Ray ready! Plus our puppies could meet...

Frank

Registration is just out today! 11 years 2 weeks ago #76187

How many glassic owners can we get? Gail and I will be there Thursday through Sunday this year. We sure hope to see a bunch of you fine folk.

Frank

File Attachment:

File Name: REGISTRATI...13_2.pdf
File Size:594 KB
Attachments:

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 11 years 1 week ago #76374

• Steve G
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Frank,I will be at that show again this year and hope to have the nova ray ready for that show.
My wife and I like that area so much we bought a cabin in the town of Wayne about 5 min drive to Hammondsport, I hope to see a lot of glassics this year!
Steve G

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 11 years 5 days ago #76562

That will be great Steve. Hope to see you there. Haven't had much response from others, but not much more I can do. I hope a lot of glassics show up too!

Wayne is a nice little town, good for you! Enjoy!

Frank

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 11 years 2 days ago #76677

My wife and I will be there again this year. Didn't work out last year with not having a tow vehicle and all. We plan on staying over at a B&B if it works out. Grandma may have to keep the kids for the weekend. :)

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 11 years 1 day ago #76717

Did you find a B&B yet Dave? I arranged for a dog sitter, so we have thereby opened up housing potential.

Can't wait!

Frank

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 11 years 1 day ago #76724

Didn't start looking yet, I was going to ask Terry if he had any recommendations...

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 11 years 6 hours ago #76745

I hope to get something booked by Sunday Dave. I sent in my registration for the show yesterday, paid for all the events except I won't be running the regatta.

Frank

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 11 years 5 hours ago #76746

Did you get reg #1 again, or did someone beat you to it?

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 10 years 11 months ago #76774

I'm sure someone beat me to it!

Frank

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 10 years 9 months ago #80054

Not this year. Mystic Seaport is re-launching the Charles Morgan that weekend, which is a big deal and I want to be here for that. I may do next year as part of a "50th anniversary tour" for the Aqua Ray. Stay tuned for details.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 10 years 9 months ago #80263

We cancelled out this morning. This triple digit heat index is killing me. I am not going to sit out at a boat show in high temps and humidity. Doesn't sound like fun to me. We'll see what happens.

Changed the impeller in the old merc yesterday to get ready for the boat show. Was rolling in sweat by the time I was done, and doing the best I could to keep from getting eaten alive by the largest mosquito infestation I have ever seen since we bought this place.

Bah.

Frank

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 10 years 9 months ago #80266

I hear ya frank. Mid 90'S to 100 all week, letting up to high 80 ' s by saturday. Sitting in the sun or out in the boat in that temp I would also change my plans. Too bad, l know how you love keuka lake. Ron

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 10 years 9 months ago #80267

I hear ya frank. Mid 90'S to 100 all week, letting up to high 80 ' s by saturday. Sitting in the sun or out in the boat in that temp I would also change my plans. Too bad, l know how you love keuka lake. Ron

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 10 years 9 months ago #80290

Thanks Ron. Yup, love Keuka, but just can't sit out in heat for 3 days. Had to make a decision today to cancel the hotel reservation. With my luck...

Frank

Re:Hammondsport & Keuka Lake July 19-21, 2013 10 years 9 months ago #80293

We'll be there, but we got a spot in the water so we can take off if we get sick of sitting around in the sun, (which we most likely will).

I guess Steve G and I will have to represent FiberGlassics.

Ron, I tried to call you last week to see if you could send the banner, did your cell # change?

Maybe next year...

Dave in sunny Buffalo

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage