• Page:

TOPIC: Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc

Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #38571

• space.ace
  • space.ace's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Im in Geneva Illinois. Anyone else have a classic out this way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #38850

I am not, however, the Blackhawk Chapter of the Antique & Classic Boat Society is very active in that area.

Andreas

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #39006

Im in Romeoville, have a G3 and a GW Invader drag n Ski.

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #39028

• space.ace
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Where do you take your boats?

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #39226

typically the Mississippi river near Savana Il and Clinton Lake down in Clinton Il. I have been looking for spots around here but dont know of any. IF I dont start working 6 12hr days (cross your fingers for me) I'm going to check out the IL river around Willmington.

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #39946

• space.ace
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I cruise my boat in the fox between 38 /Roosevelt/ and St Charles 64/north ave in Geneva. You cant go far but its good enough for tubing or fishing.

Otherwise i take it to lake Heidecke in Morris.

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #39977

This Aug on the 20th in Beloit WI there will be a boat show. Ck over at Bigfinboats.com for details. Its a real fun couple of days boating on the Rock river, No fees or anything like that its just a fun bunch of people to hang out with, bring your Boat shinny or not. We dont care if it even floats.
Attachments:

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #40360

space.ace wrote:

I cruise my boat in the fox between 38 /Roosevelt/ and St Charles 64/north ave in Geneva. You cant go far but its good enough for tubing or fishing.

Otherwise i take it to lake Heidecke in Morris.

wheres the launch and want to go out this weekend? I need to get this "new to me" g3 in the water.

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #40523

• space.ace
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
the launch is right in front of my house...well a little to the right. The address is river lane and stevens.

If you need a address to punch into gps or maps you can use mine.
Just call 630-888-9028.
I will be out fri sat sun

My name is Dave.

The ramp requires permit to park... but you can park trailer at my house if yer interested.

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #40592

let me talk to the wife and check the radar... we were going to go out to the mississippi but, work has been hell and I dont want the drive. Ill give you a call tomorrow.

Also, ever go out on the I&M or Cal Sag. I just found the slip for it. It's a guarrenteed 9' depth adn not allot of barge traffic. Would be great for some tubing/sliing.

Jeff

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #40813

Braidwood cooling lake is great! and HOT. The place was abandoned and from what I understand its always that way. Definatly good for some tubing and skiing. Not real big but big enough and it felt like a hottub.

The bad though, I've got a motor problem so 'Im out for tomorrow. I was only able to get above 5mph for maybe 3 mins (but it was a great 3 min). Evidently a fuel delivery problem. Also found that my plugs were only hand tight so hoping thats the problem.

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #40840

• space.ace
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Good to here ya made it out!! I will have to check Braidwood cooling lake out!

Sorry to here its a no go for tomorrow , but maybe another day!!

Just did some reading on Braidwood and seems that it is primarily a fishing lake....fine with me bad for family...lol
here is the info.

www.ifishillinois.org/profiles/lakes/summaries/Braidwood%20Lake%20Fact%20Sheet%2007.pdf

Looks like i will hit this fishing for sure!!

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #40901

it doesnt actually specifically say no tubing...lol I cant see why there would be a problem if the lake is abandoned on the main section. I wouldnt want to on the finger areas around the islands anyway. No sailboating is odd, same with the gas motor only provision.

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #40917

• space.ace
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

HEY Jetboat,
Thanks for a great day.....it was very nice to meet the G3
OH....and your family also!!lol
hear is a video of you going over the wake while Tobias was driving!

Ill put the pics up soon!

i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa211/xspaceacex/STP63188.jpg

i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa211/xspaceacex/STP63186.jpg

i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa211/xspaceacex/STP63185.jpg

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #40920

Tons of fun... as soon as I get the motor problem sorted we need to hit a lake. Ill post up what I have when I figure out where the camera went.

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #40932

uploading pics

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #40942

All the pics that turned out somewhat decent...

s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/jshirley78/g3/

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/jshirley78/g3/IMG_5863.jpg/

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #40943

• space.ace
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Awesome photos guys.....We had great fun!!
This day was soooo Win!!

Wow you guys got alot of great pics....I guess that's what happens when yer camera doesn't die!

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #41265

carb rebuild kits should come tomorrow... how fast do you think I can get them rebuilt?

Might plan a trip down to Braidwood for Next weekend. I really want to explore that lake a little and maybe check out some of the islands. Also, talked to a coworker, she said there are some huge cats in that lake. I guess 20# is very common.

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #41299

I'm in Downers Grove and splashed my 1961 Aristocraft Funliner last saturday for the first time since mounting a restored '64 Merc 1000 from Classic Mercury (Darrell V). My sons (10 & 12) and I launched from the marina underneath I55 and the DesPlaines river; I think it was called Big Basin at one point. They charged $12 to launch. There's a pretty good stretch to run on, but a lot of big barge traffic. I'll try to get up some pictures when i can figure out how to post them.

The Rock River sounds cool this weekend; I'll try to get out there if possible. Mine will be the blue and white boat with fins !!
( and a shiney new looking 45 year old engine).

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 8 months ago #41308

they just told us we have to move to 6 12hr days until the union comes off strike. Looks like I might not be going back out for a while.

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 7 months ago #41761

My boss just called and said the 6/12 are canceled... Ive got the carbs rebuilt on the boat so I think Im ready for an outing.

How about Braidwood next Saturday?
Theres no skiing or swimming but it looks to be a good lake to explore. Loads of islands etc.

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 7 months ago #41817

• space.ace
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Sounds fun , im gonna have to check schedule then i will get back at ya!

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 7 months ago #41866

last930... your invited too!

I'll prolly use the Kankakee road slip since it dumps out into the "main" lake instead of a channel. We just have to watch the wind, the lake is higher than the surrounding area so it can build waves easy.

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 7 months ago #42246

82 and Sunny on Saturday... going to be perfect!

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 7 months ago #42488

• space.ace
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I am grateful you are heading this way Jetboat....soon as the trailer is renewed we will make it to other places!!

Re:Classics in Chicago? Fox river, geneva aurora, stc 12 years 7 months ago #42512

I'm trying to decide if I should work on the 70 or swap on the 85. Ponyboy and I are talking over the gw swap so hate to pull the 85 yet... one way or another Ill have it running for the lake next weekend.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6995 guests and no members online