Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
FiberGlassics® Mid-West
  • Page:

TOPIC: Resources

Resources 12 years 10 months ago #33267

Just bought a 1963 Glasspar ( I believe it's a Sea Fair). It has a 70 hp Johnson OB, no tilt. It needs some minor repairs to straighten a few things out but is in decent shape for the most part.
I'm new to the world of boating and am trying to find out if there are any things I must not do to repair/customize this boat.
Am also looking for best ideas and resources to individualise this project. I'm not opposed to using used parts either.
Any advice/suggestions would be welcomed.
Thanks, Newbie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Resources 12 years 10 months ago #33268

I have been an Antique/Classic Auto-Restoration shop owner for 19 years, Over that time I have talked to MANY people about classic and custom cars. Both the customizerz and the strict "originality only" types.

You can always count on getting advice/criticism from one or the other ...whatever avenue you choose.

I have ONE SIMPLE RULE- Build it the way that makes the OWNER happy.

The only one here you are required to make happy is yourself. There are legitate arguments to both viewpoints- but in the end- it's YOUR BOAT!!!

As long as you don't sacrifice safety for yourself or others... pretty much anything goes.

Your Glaspar is a wonderful vintage boat. It isn't particularly rare- but they do have a good following. You will find this site and it's members very helpful. Even here you will get some conflicting advise- but it will always be given with the best of intentions. Remember- OPINIONS cannot be right or wrong... so keep an open mind.

Good Luck!

Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 8897 guests and 2 members online