Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need Help To Identify

Need Help To Identify 9 years 8 months ago #97555

I just got this boat from my grandfather and I was wanting to restore it to as close to original as possible; however, I do not know what style of Duracraft that this boat is. Any and all information about this boat will be helpful, Thank You!

The ID number on the bottom left of the Duracraft plate is 19389. I would also like to apologize for the sideways pictures, I don't know how to turn them right side up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Need Help To Identify 9 years 8 months ago #97561

Quay137,

WELCOME ABOARD.

CONGRADS on receiving such a NICE gift. = Your ski-boat is PROBABLY either a 1956 or 1957 model DURAFLITE.

When I was in college in Arkansas in the mid-late 1960s, there were LOTS of those on Arkansas lakes powered with a pair of 30 or 35 HP OMC outboards. - As they are so light, those ski-boats would SCOOT with 60-70 horses!!!!

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Need Help To Identify 9 years 8 months ago #97562

She looks a lot like the Duraflite Runabout model.the stern end of the gunnel does look narrower on yours, maybe a different year . Pic is from the 57 "3 boats" ad.
Attachments:

Re:Need Help To Identify 9 years 8 months ago #97563

She looks a lot like the Duraflite Runabout model.the stern end of the gunnel does look narrower on yours, maybe a different year . Pic is from the 57 "3 boats" ad.
Attachments:

Re:Need Help To Identify 9 years 8 months ago #97602

Since it has a 19XXX serial#, your Duracraft, is likely at LEAST newer then 1957, mine IS a 1957 as best I can tell, has a lower serial# and has a much wider gunwale at the transom, that flares down a little so it almost resembles a fin:

My serial#:

And a shot of another 1957 Duracraft:

and another:

Mine in profile:

And sort of from above:

Re:Need Help To Identify 9 years 8 months ago #97605

How long is it? Mine's 14' 9"

It isn't real clear, but there does seem to be both a 1957 Duracraft Duraflite runabout & a 1957 Duracraft Duraflite Custom.

I've always thought mine was the Custom.Perhaps yours is the custom (narrrow gunwale at the transom) and mine is the runabout.

And they were rated similarly in 1958:

so maybe they were nearly identical in 1957 too...

There isn't a brochure data page for 1957 and the 1958 is hard to read, but there are 2 DuraFlites listed. @$200 difference in price. Otherwise identical specs.

Re:Need Help To Identify 9 years 8 months ago #97639

Awesome! All of this information will give a place to start the restoration process, thank you for all of the help.

Re:Need Help To Identify 9 years 8 months ago #97642

Here's a larger version of the model info:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)