Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: '57 Lonestar Malibu - What is value?

'57 Lonestar Malibu - What is value? 10 years 1 week ago #92208

I'm thinking of selling my original, unrestored (survivor) 1957 Lonestar Malibu 14' aluminum boat with the original 35hp Johnson Golden Javelin outboard motor (and homemade trailer) that has been in my family since purchased new. The only restoration is new seat upholstery. It has never been in salt water, used only on lakes in the West Texas, New Mexico area and has been stored in a boat house or garage its entire life. The photos were taken this past weekend. It was last registered and taken to the lake in 2006. It starts fine and runs for a short period, water pump was pumping water, but may need a tune-up (fuel system cleaned/adjusted) after being stored for a few years. Can someone on this forum give me an idea what it is worth? All comments (even critical) and suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:'57 Lonestar Malibu - What is value? 10 years 1 week ago #92209

• VinTin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Welcome to the forum Scott!

Nice looking Lonestar.

Re:'57 Lonestar Malibu - What is value? 10 years 1 week ago #92214

In the other forum, Mr 88 suggested that I "...try posting up over on fiberglassics.com either in the main forum or in the aluminum section". I am simply following his suggestion. No, I am not looking for free advertising.

Re:'57 Lonestar Malibu - What is value? 10 years 1 week ago #92222

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks like an awesome "survivor class" Malibu Scott, and welcome aboard. Many folks hold unmolested / unrestored boats like yours in the highest regard! The classic boat market has been rather fickle the last few years, it's hard to guestimate the value. I'm no expert, but if it were me I think I'd start out asking something around $3500-$3800. You can always come down if it doesn't sell, much harder to go up in price!

Just my two cents worth, it may be worth much more but these are my initial thoughts.......what do you think?

Mark

Re:'57 Lonestar Malibu - What is value? 10 years 1 week ago #92235

Great looking rig.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 10003 guests and one member online