• Page:

TOPIC: Sea King

Sea King 10 years 1 week ago #92026

• chirombo
  • chirombo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Bought this 12ft Sea King cartopper recently to run my antique motors on; once I've cleaned it up and redone the transom. Curious to know what year it is with that logo (it was MD registered, so is a very long way from home on my side of the pond), what the genuine transom wood looks like and whether those bilge keels are original? Also need to know what the max hp rating is? I have a Mark 28A I want to run on it and think that's probably the safe upper limit...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Sea King 10 years 1 week ago #92178

The handle/corner braces are new to me. The seat braces to the side gunnel look like Lone Star style. It looks to me like there was a set(pair) of wheel supports added to the transom for hand transport. I have never seen the runners on the bottom of the boat. After market to
suppport the wheels?
There is a USCG chart to figure the hp rating for runabouts on their website but to me it severly under powers any boat that it is used to determine hp ratings for any boat. Look at this one. www.fiberglassics.com/library/File:Alumacraftb58017.jpg

Re:Sea King 9 years 7 months ago #99638

• chirombo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thought I'd post a pic of the Sea King post renovation on a Thames River meet. Is a long way from MD.
Attachments:

Re:Sea King 9 years 3 months ago #104198

• chirombo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Having thought I'd never find who manufactured this Sea King, I then spent some time in the library and came up with a Starcraft Sea Scamp 12 as the most likely. Thanks for the resource!

www.fiberglassics.com/wiki/images/1/1d/Starcraftb58013.jpg

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7148 guests and no members online