Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone have experience with Lone Star cruisers?

Anyone have experience with Lone Star cruisers? 10 years 10 months ago #78364

Been looking for one of the 60-61 Lone Star Cruiseliners (ones with 23' length, 96"beam...but before they went to the fake wood look).

Only thing is, I have only read one person's thoughts on how these longer/wider lone stars rode...they said their boat was amazing...rode on top of the water but cut right through the waves.
Others who have talked about the slightly shorter/narrower models say they are junk and beat you to pieces.

I live a mile from the Ohio River, which gets pretty busy in the summer time (lots of wake from other boats), and is rough/choppy in the cooler months. Will one of these larger model lone stars handle wake from other boats at 25-mph...or will I be constantly dropping speed so I can keep my teeth?

Thanks,
Phillip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Anyone have experience with Lone Star cruisers? 10 years 10 months ago #78369

Kentuckydiesel,

First, WELCOME ABOARD!!!!

I've owned 2 Lone Star OB cruisers over the last 3 decades (I sold the last one about 8-10 years ago) and LIKED both of them for "rough days out on the salt" for "chasing cobia". - The DEEP-V hulls are VERY seaworthy & reasonably smooth-riding. Otoh, the SHALLOW-V hulls are fine but will pound the fillings out of your teeth.
(NO BOAT in "a short chop" rides anything like smooth, however.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Anyone have experience with Lone Star cruisers? 10 years 10 months ago #78402

Thanks for the input.
I think I have a '61 bought. Supposed to pick it up on Saturday. :D

-Phillip

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)