TOPIC: Santa FIND, Orig Owner, 54 Package,

Santa FIND, Orig Owner, 54 Package, 12 years 4 months ago #53643

• Split
  • Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hardware SANTA outdid himself again this Dec with a local find
from the Original Owner Estate sale.. 15 ft Dual cockpit, center deck, with the solid cross back seat rest... There are VERY TINY
serial #'s on the upper right transom, Showing the model , production & the year for these Feather Crafts built out of Atlanta , Georgia,, This Vagabond model was # under 100 and 1954..
Built solid like a ice breaker , the rear is curved for a Barrell back style and is starting to polish up.

. The bow has the same third company handles all solid shape.
Front nav light seems to match my Glasspar cuddy.!

There was a hidden TAYLOR flag burgee in dash storage, topless mermaid... Also the big Santa stocking stuffer that came with was a MERC , short shaft early 1958 Mark 58 , electric start. Has a three blade bronze prop , as I heard Dad was a avid water skier, & under all the wet pine needles /cones was another threee blade bronze PROP.! Engine got moved into the garage yesterday.. I had the starter spinning the oiled pistons.. The mag was already unbolted, and should come around with rotor & cap cleaning.. There was a NOS bag of points & Condenser also .. The silver / chrome cowl wrap is there as face plate (Tad weathered). I will repaint back to two tone colors.. Trailer is quite solid & period , I do not see any logos at this time.. Pic next post.
Windshield not original as there were shorter glass (?) angled with three brackets,, but this seems to be late 50's solid curved plastic with shiny AL band across top.. No cracks.. Still old skies / radio / Merc manual to pick up in their garage purge out . hopefully those three brackets are still there.. I think he said also a water impeller spart parts.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Santa FIND, Orig Owner, 54 Package, 12 years 4 months ago #53649

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
That is going to be a beauty Larry, congrats!

Mark

Re:Santa FIND, Orig Owner, 54 Package, 12 years 4 months ago #53686

you lucky dog. i would luv to have a feathercraft with the walk thru seat. i believe its the 58 vagabond 2.
Attachments:

Re:Santa FIND, Orig Owner, 54 Package, 12 years 4 months ago #53689

Nice find, looks like you got your work cut out for you there with all the polishing. Thats gonna look real nice when it's done with the merc hanging on the back.Keep up the good work, Skip.

Re:Santa FIND, Orig Owner, 54 Package, 12 years 4 months ago #53692

Super nice find! I just finished up a restoration on a 58 Vag II last Summer. With the same power as yours. You're gonna love the way it rides.

I also have 56 Vag II is anyone is looking.
Attachments:

Re:Santa FIND, Orig Owner, 54 Package, 12 years 1 month ago #57129

• Split
  • Split's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Temps have been in the low 70's the last few days here in Tenn, SO
was able to lay on the ground & get the trl de- rusted, primer paint. Re-position the nose jack, unstick the tilting side screw knob. .. Today was white paint on the fenders, & rims.. Some more
polish for the left side. ... Also sanding the pitted FacePlate for the Merc Mk 58...Acvtivity for Feather Craft brand has been picking up over the last month.. Know a few 1st time buyers going out of state for some nifty models.. Another member made contact with a founding relative of the company around the Lake Lanier of
Georgia, so some company testing History may be forth coming.
Need to connect the trl wires to the fenders, pull the rims,, look for some nine or ten inch wheels that could still fit under the fenders.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)