Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: '57 Lone Star Malibu/ On the hunt for accesories

'57 Lone Star Malibu/ On the hunt for accesories 1 year 5 months ago #147364

Hello from a new member!

I have a '57 Lonestar Malibu that is mostly stock original. The previous owner had done a hull re-paint at some point. He was the original owner of this boat-house kept vessel.

I am looking for period correct navigation lights, speedo and at some point would like to mount a couple of '57 - '58 Evinrude Big Twin 15's on her. I know of the Lone Star accessories catalog at the Fiberglassics Library, but cannot seem to actually find any of these parts in existence. I've also looked around this site prior to joining...maybe I missed it, but haven't been successful at finding anything.

It's really no big deal, I love it as she is, but it would be cool to do it right.
You all seem pretty plugged in and knowledgable, so I thought I'd say hello and get any input you can offer. Many thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

'57 Lone Star Malibu/ On the hunt for accesories 1 year 4 months ago #147414

• ebdn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you for posting. I enjoy seeing 56, 57 Lone Star aluminum boats. Yours is great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 10klakes

'57 Lone Star Malibu/ On the hunt for accesories 1 year 4 months ago #147416

In 57 & 58 they would have been 18hp. 1956 Evinrude and Johnson was the last year for the 15hp. The 15's and 18's were called Fastwin not Big Twin. Big Twins were the 25, 30, and 35's in the 50's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 10klakes

'57 Lone Star Malibu/ On the hunt for accesories 1 year 4 months ago #147419

Thanks for the info Doug, I guess I'll be looking for a pair of '57 Fastwin 18's!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7361 guests and one member online