• Page:

TOPIC: unknown welded aluminum boat

unknown welded aluminum boat 4 years 9 months ago #140251

• John T.
  • John T.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I picked up this unknown maker boat a few weeks ago at a small auction. its 22.5' and has a very heavy duty hull and diamond plate floor. I don't know what it was original used for but it has a patrol/rescue look to it..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

unknown welded aluminum boat 4 years 1 week ago #142107

Looks very cool. Did you determine the maker and will she be up and running this summer 2020 or is she for sale? If you check with the Ohio DNR they can run the registration and identify the last registered owner, correct HIN and the title info which will tell you the maker for sure. Then the ABYC or NMMA may have some information.

unknown welded aluminum boat 4 years 6 days ago #142110

• John T.
  • John T.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

59Thompson wrote: Looks very cool. Did you determine the maker and will she be up and running this summer 2020 or is she for sale? If you check with the Ohio DNR they can run the registration and identify the last registered owner, correct HIN and the title info which will tell you the maker for sure. Then the ABYC or NMMA may have some information.

Hello 59Thompson !! thanks for the inquiry.. well as for the maker.. the best guess so far is Winninghoff.. they make custom Aluminum Boats.. I contacted them... they are under newer ownership since the owner passed away.. one of his workers is now the owner.. all he would tell me is it has their sheer lines.. but would not confirm either way..

As for being up and running for this summer ?? with all this going on and Michigan is on lock down for now.. at this point I would have to guess probably not.. I was planning on it though.. I'm in the process of redoing a larger trailer for it now.. and I have bought a repower for it.. a very low hour 1999 Mercury 200 EFI and controls..

As for the Ohio DNR.. I have all the paper work, title and everything.. from the previous owner.. its titled as unknown maker.. the only number that can be found on the hull is 118.. that number was already in use in Ohio so Ohio assigned a Ohio number for the hull number.. The #118 is more of a probability that it is a Winninghoff as they are said to have built less then 300 boats..

No she is not for sale.. she is my first in line project.. I was hoping to have had her on the new trailer and hanging the repower on her by now.... but this Covid-19 has slowed everything to a crawl... hopefully we will all get through this and be able to get back to a somewhat normal lifestyle …. lets all be safe !!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 10095 guests and no members online