Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: More Tin to deal with. Has to be the last one!!!!!

More Tin to deal with. Has to be the last one!!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #128854

• cosmic12
  • cosmic12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I heard a rumor that there was a very old set of Alum, hulls in a yard in a very odd part of the city where one would never expect to find them. I took a ride and what I found was truly something to behold.
First I drove by and saw a Gold n Blue Feather Craft sitting in the side yard and that in itself was enough to make the stop. Knocked on the door and asked if it was for sale and was told a very unhappy NO!! but I have one out back that needs to go away and I also have a few other piece's that need to go. We walked around back and I about got sick. Sitting on a trailer was a small 2 seat run about with a MK25 hanging on it.
Trying to hold back my excitment he said ya that needs to go and opened the garage door................... OMG! inside was alot and I stress alot of out boards stacked like domino's. I couldn't even get in the door, after my shock wore off he said there was alot more in the basement.
I pulled out my phone to start taking pics and was asked not to do that becuase of the possibility of giveing away the location if put online. ( it is a very touchy section of the city where the police are very busy to put it mildly) I got a few that shouldn't give it away. The guy has been collecting for a long time and it showed.
Anyway I managed to beg barrow and steal enough to bring home the 1948 run about that after some research found I am not real sure about it exactly what it is. It matches no measurements I can find. The P.O. said he could never actually figure ti out either.
Its the first old hull I had to pay deep for and actually am in debt for but I think it was worth it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:More Tin to deal with. Has to be the last one!!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #128855

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Great find! (but it won't be your last.)

Fast forward 20 years....some guy drives by your house and sees an aluminum boat parked on the side of the garage. He stops and asks if it's for sale. You tell him "Yeah, all this stuff has got to go."

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:More Tin to deal with. Has to be the last one!!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #128856

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
LOL, I hope I make it another 20yrs, at the pace I am keeping these days it is questionable.
Attachments:

Re:More Tin to deal with. Has to be the last one!!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #128860

Wow Mark !
Awesome find !!
You going back for some motors ?

Re:More Tin to deal with. Has to be the last one!!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #128861

Late 40s Runabout:

The fold down seats were only avail on a few late 40s model years.

The blue and gold one is a 1957 FC Clipper, the split front seat IDs it.

Great find.

Re:More Tin to deal with. Has to be the last one!!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #128863

• cosmic12
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Chuck, I might be getting a MK30 not sure yet, he is still trying to put price's on them. He has at least 100 engines of all makes and size's but nothing bigger than 50hp or newer than say 63/64 most of the 50's and older.

I know it is a 1948 Runabout but it dosn't match up on any of the measurements. This is 10'6" long center line. The deck is supposed to be 53"s but its 48. And the beam is 4"s narrower. It was never rigged not even a drain plug. Someone at sometime put the steering in the forward spot and buctherd the corners of the dash. The windshield and bow light were done very poorly also. Alot of things don't add up.
Attachments:

Re:More Tin to deal with. Has to be the last one!!!!! 7 years 4 months ago #128865

10ft 6in along the centerline might match the 'along gunwales' length of 12ft 1in.

Perhaps an early or late 1948 that has 47 or 49 dimensions. FCs werent known for strict adherance to boat building 'plans'. Slight changes from boat to boat, mid-year, between boats only a hundred or less apart on the production line.

But a 5in deck and 4in beam variance sounds like a bunch...

Perhaps you are measuring the beam at the wrong place as it doesnt specify beam at ma'/widest point of the gunwales or at the waterline. Some makers measure beam at the transom, but list it as such.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)