Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Project Starcraft

Project Starcraft 13 years 8 months ago #11944

Hi all,

I am new to the board!

I came across a small boat dealership near me that has a few "outside the fence" project boats and I have a few questions. Looks like these boats may be one step away from the scrap yard. One that caught my eye is a nice solid little Starcraft 15' runabout w/original trailer. I would put it at a 1961-1963 judging from what I have found on this site. Obviously the boat needs work. I have restored a fiberglass runabout before and know a little of what to look for. I could tell the transom seems pretty solid, even the exposed wood portion near the top is in great shape...no odd exposed holes to speak of, which I have found common on older boats. The floor is shot near the front and sides of the hull, along with the rest of the interior. The carpet looks like a pretty bad re-do using that shiny blue indoor outdoor turf stuff...yuk! The molded plexiglass windshield is cracked and yellowed beyond repair, though the frame is solid and complete. All hardware is acounted for and present. No dents and dings and the hull/topside paint is original. Sounds worse than it is if you have done it before.

here is what I am thinking:

Floor/Interior/paint/hardware - these I am familiar with

New winshield - is this possible and how much?

Any other things I should look for in this boat and from an aluminium boater's perspective, is it worth the effort?

Thanks so much! ----Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)