Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rexcraft, anyone know about them?

Rexcraft, anyone know about them? 8 years 9 months ago #111077

Hi everybody. Returned after a few year absence. A month or so ago, I found this Rexcraft aluminum runabout. Bought it from the daughter of the original owner. They were originally from Oklahoma which is probably how a Texas built boat ended up in Minnesota. Rexcrafts were made in Houston but I haven't been able to find out much about it. It's been sitting in a garage for nearly 30 years. Only one tiny dent in the keel. Original paint is nearly all there and even the interior is original, but seat needs a little work. Had no motor but the Little Dude trailer is quite serviceable. Picked up a West Bend Golden Shark and a Scott built Elgin, both 40 hp. Got the West Bend running first. Redid the impeller and it runs pretty good. Anyway, I've had a few glass boats but this is my first aluminum boat. Amazing how easy the transom was to replace compared to a glass boat, which is probably the only thing I'm going to do to it for now. They are only original once. Interesting how the back of the hull slopes down a little bit, not as much as some old glass ones did but still interesting. Hope you like it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Rexcraft, anyone know about them? 8 years 9 months ago #111101

Great boat, thanks for sharing a photo. Interesting to see another model of Rexcraft boats besides their finned model.

Re: Rexcraft, anyone know about them? 8 years 9 months ago #111111

ggreggc,

GREAT looking boat. - I've never seen one of those, though I think they were once "Houston built".

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Rexcraft, anyone know about them? 8 years 9 months ago #111112

Yes, Houston Built
Rexcraft Boats
Consolidated General Products Inc.
611 W. 22nd St.
Houston, Tecas

I've seen references to boats made from 1955 thru 1959, but don't know the full years built range.
They were advertised as - "King of Aluminum Boats".

Re: Rexcraft, anyone know about them? 8 years 9 months ago #111115

Thanks for those pictures. Nice to see the different models. That decal is the identical one to the one that's on the boat.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)