Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1973 STARCRAFT Factory Brochure???

1973 STARCRAFT Factory Brochure??? 9 years 3 months ago #104192

Friends,

I've found a 1973 aluminum StarCraft 16ft aluminum utility/runabout, that I'm trying to identify.

Do any of you have a factory brochure that pictures the aluminum hulls?

THANKS, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1973 STARCRAFT Factory Brochure??? 9 years 3 months ago #104195

I don't have a brochure, but the Starcraft forum over at the other site has a 1972 and a 1974 , to compare the info you find from the 1973 boats listed here

The 16ft boats sold that year:
    Holiday (closed bow runabout)
    Mariner (center console, fishing)
    Nova (closed bow runabout, slimmer/sleeker/sporty compared to Holiday)
    Seafarer (lighter duty open utility w/ bench seats, typical semi-V fishing, lighter weight and rated for a smaller OB then the Sea Scout)
    Sport (AKA Super Sport: open bow runabout}I've never seen them listed as Super Sport 1 or 2 before
    Sea Scout (heavier duty open utility w/ bench seats, typical semi-V fishing, heavier weight and rated for a larger OB then the Seafarer)

I think all those boats were sold in either 1972 or 1974, and likely had little changes between model years besides paint.

Re:1973 STARCRAFT Factory Brochure??? 9 years 3 months ago #104211

jbcurt00,

THANKS.

The utility/runabout is evidently a "plain vanilla" Holiday that must have been order WITHOUT the windshield or "fancy" seating AND was delivered with a 35HP Evinrude & a trailer made by some "unknown to me" company. - It's "all in one piece" & was "reportedly" running "OK" when parked in a barn 5+ years ago.
(The "plain vanilla utilities" are hard to beat for toughness & long use for any number of on-water purposes.)

IF I buy it, clean it up & do some routine maintenance on the rig, it will be my "go to" saltwater fishing boat.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6909 guests and one member online