Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Holsclaw trailer paint colours

Holsclaw trailer paint colours 4 years 8 months ago #140250

Hi all, I have what I am 95% certain is a Holsclaw boat trailer. The Glassic Library here was invaluable in making an ID. Thanks to all those folk that have scanned and contributed materials to the Library.

She needs a sandblasting and paint job real bad. From the brochures, Looks like original colours were a blue for the main frame and a light beige for the fenders and winch stand. Has anyone painted one and have paint codes or colours??

Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Holsclaw trailer paint colours 4 years 8 months ago #140340

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Normally I'm not one for original colors but have done a few on outboards. What I've done in the past is to take a chip of paint if you can salvage one, some blue from the frame and beige from a fender to an auto supply dealer. Those guys have dozens of books with paint chips for any car of any manufacturer. Page through the samples and compare with what you have. I've done this with an older OMC by bringing a part from the shift lever that was protected from weather under the cowl. Found that an old 70's Datsun color perfectly matched the light green. A small pint can goes a long way and would probably be enough for your entire trailer.
Bill Anderson might be able to help out, seems he's been hiding lately though.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1975 16ft Cobalt
( / Boats)

1975 16ft Cobalt
03-27-2024

Homelie/Bearcat
( / Engines)